Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Most aspirational Ritz-Carlton/Marriott award properties in the world

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2017, 10:30 am
Suspended
Original Poster
Marriott 25+ BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by smgainey
I'm sorry to have to say this, but unfortunately there really aren't aspirational properties in the Marriott/Ritz Carlton brand for which one can use points. The aspirational properties are part of the Ritz Carlton Reserve brand, but we can't use points for them. I'm really hoping that this will change with the merger, especially since SPG allows points to be used at comparable properties such as the St Regis Bora Bora (even though they require an exorbitant amount of points, at least it's possible if that's one's aspiration). Even if they don't open up the ability to redeem points at Ritz Carlton Reserve properties, I hope they don't take it away from the aspirational St Regis properties!
I don't disagree that the RC Reserve properties are incredible and the best properties in the RC line-up, but I do not agree that there are no aspirational properties in the regular non-Reserve RC portfolio at which you can use points.

Aspirational will always be in the eye of the beholder, of course. I prefer St. Regis properties to most RC properties, but there are some locations where the RC (redeemable using points) is the only or among the nicest luxury properties in the area.

Last edited by bhrubin; Mar 14, 2017 at 10:39 am
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Too bad there are not more posts on here... hope it is not telling...

I’ll add one. JW Marriott Phu Quoc. Absolutely amazing hotel design wise.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
One other thing ... I’d strongly strongly take St Regis Langkawi off that list. While hotel is beautiful the ocean is not swimmable - literally mud pit - and swimming pool tiny. I don’t understand how people can like this property unless they don’t care about a beach or pool experience at a resort. Shameful job by contractors on beach part
Old Dec 28, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by bhrubin
I'm not sure I'd put Osaka as aspirational for most people, either.
Osaka is amazing!
michelin likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 9:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster
Aman Contributor BadgeMarriott 25+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador and LTT, UA Plat/LT Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by barracuda93
Osaka is amazing!
I’ll be putting that to the test for 3 nights in May at the St Regis Osaka to end our 2 week stay in Japan.
barracuda93 likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SHLTP

I’ll add one. JW Marriott Phu Quoc. Absolutely amazing hotel design wise.
i wish they built it in vegas or macao or some golfing location.. putting it in a nice beach setting is like giving a middle finger to mother nature.. (but it is consistent with what phu quoc is turning into..)
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:40 am
Suspended

Programs: HH-D; MR-P/LTP; SPG-P
It’s unfortunate that you limit your Marriott stays to the RC brand - I guess like your touting of St Regis’s there’s some snob appeal to some exhalted nurvana of alleged best of the best, but like all St Regis’s the RC branded properties don't all meet ones expectations and you'll probably be disappointed with the RC Osaka. Now if you had chosen the RC Kyoto, then you'd likely have a much better stay.

Choice of May, at the very end of the Sakura season likewise is not the best (that’s why I’ll be there in mid April and although I’m MR/LTP, in Osaka routinely choose the Westin due to its location) timing for Osaka, but I guess unfortunately already locked in.

Originally Posted by bhrubin
I’ll be putting that to the test for 3 nights in May at the St Regis Osaka to end our 2 week stay in Japan.

Last edited by Srisarin; Jan 5, 2018 at 2:15 am
Old Jul 7, 2018, 5:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, SPG Gold
Question What's your Favorite marriott?

Marriott now has quite a collection of beautiful hotels. From tier 6 upward to the higher tiers, What are some of your favorite Marriott hotels, worldwide regardless of brand or price? They truly has so many beautiful ones now and plenty more opening in 2018-2019,
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I can't claim to having much experience, but I will go ahead and give it a tie between The Camby and The Hi-Lo. Basically, Marriotts that feel like Starwoods to me.
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, SPG LTP
Not sure if we're talking Marriott branded hotels or Marriott family hotels. If we're talking family (SPG excluded), I'll go with Domes of Elounda.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:33 am
SPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Titanium, Delta Plat, Hilton Diamond , Hyatt Globalist

Huge Suite at Hotel Arts Barcelona in 2005

Our view

If we are talking legacy Marriott, I haven’t stayed at many but by far the best was the Hotel Arts In Barcelona many years ago (2005). We loved our stay there and are returning again in March.

Would love to learn of other aspirational Marriott properties.

Last edited by damon88; Jul 8, 2018 at 5:27 pm
Old Jul 8, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: Some of them not all ...
By far the Wailea Beach Resort - Marriott Maui. Amazing property, love the rooms, the pools, the location, the surrounding shops and an amazing deal using the TP.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: MR rewards
1st Mariott Hamburg
2nd Marriott Amsterdam
3rd Marriott Zurich
Old Jul 8, 2018, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by weld3z
1st Mariott Hamburg
2nd Marriott Amsterdam
3rd Marriott Zurich
Marriott Hamburg is definitely at the bottom of my list - maybe they have changed but when we were there the staff were so arrogant. I think the Hilton Curio Collection by Hbf is a thousand times better.

This is my going to be 10 years old's favourite (he just talked about it today):

JW Marriott Macau
Marriott Mountain Valley Lodge (Breckenridge CO)
SkyCity Marriott Hong Kong
Renaissance KL (He likes people serving him mango juice and he likes that he can take out a mango juice when he was heading out into the heat) - we stayed there before the renovation.

These hotels are not state of art except the JW (it was more than 2 years ago when he went there so it was sort of brand new), the reason why my son loves them and still talks about it was because he was treated nicely.

I don't have a favourite as such, but the hotels that my kids love will definitely be on the list of hotels that we will return if we are in the area again.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 5:04 pm
Community Director Emerita

Start from this post down for earlier discussion:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.