Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Favorite Marriott beach resort

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2016, 12:14 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, Marriott, Hertz, National, Chic-fil-A
Renaissance Carambola on St. Croix was fantastic. It really is remote and private - you have to drive through a jungle to reach it. That said, the food on property isn't bad - we just had the breakfast every morning on the open-air terrace, facing the beach. There are several small beach bars and cafes that cater mostly to locals, but are easily within a 10-15 minute drive from the hotel property. Much better for dinner, lunch, change of scenery.

Regarding Zika, we visited in April and it was already a "thing". Honestly, didn't see any mosquitoes on the beach. Trade winds blow constantly and keep bugs well inland.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by jeffcarp
I'd recommend Atlantis on Paradise Island, Bahamas,especially of you can get into The Cove. Great local restaurant options within walking distance or short cab ride.
FT friends don't let FT friends stay at Atlantis due to excessive fees, etc.

Cheers.
Old Aug 1, 2016, 1:38 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
FT friends don't let FT friends stay at Atlantis due to excessive fees, etc.

Cheers.
That is a good 1 Sharon. I am heading right near Atlantis for a liveaboard dive trip in March. There was no way no how I was going to spend the night before there to get ripped off. Heading to Long Island and Stella Maris for 2 nights before.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat / Hilton Gold / IHG Plat
I really enjoyed the Marriott in Aruba downtown in Oranjestad. Great customer service, loved the pool, and the private beach is pretty awesome.
Old Aug 7, 2016, 9:08 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
This summer we wanted a kid free beach trip and ended up choosing the Miami Beach Edition. Very nice, classy but relaxed place on probably the best piece of beach on Miami Beach. Resort itself has a bunch of nice food options. It is a little outside the walking zone for the "heart" of Miami Beach but very easy and cheap cab/Uber rides to restaurants in close proximity--in fact, after dinner we walked back from Fountainbleau which has a ton of restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.