Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Courtyard AVL

Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

360 Rockwood Rd Arden, NC US 28704

Courtyard AVL (0 Photo)

This is a relatively new CY hotel.  It has all the standard CY accoutrements -- A Bistro area serving Starbucks coffee with the fake grass, the newer (to me, anyway) silver-blue semi-circular couches in the room, etc.

In the King Suite rooms, there's a desk attached to the wall, as well as a moveable desk on wheels to allow you to sit where you want while working.  There are 2 TVs; one above the wall-desk that's easily viewed from the couch (with ottoman), and one for viewing in the bed area. The bathroom has the standard shower in the tub, commode, and sink all inside. All of the King Suites (as far as I'm aware) are near the elevator shaft.  I was in the room for 4 nights, and the only time I could hear the elevator was while I was in the bathroom area; it was inaudible while in the rest of the room.

The regular (non-suite) rooms have only a single TV that can be viewed either from the couch or the bed.  I didn't spend as much time in this room type, but I don't believe it had the moveable desk; just the wall-attached desk.  One noticeable difference in the bathroom is that this room type only had a shower stall, not a tub-shower.

The location is great if you're flying to/from AVL (Asheville, NC) airport.  It's about a mile from the airport exit, and just past the newly-remodeled Airport Road/I-26 interchange; this has just recently changed to a Diverging Diamond Interchange.  These interchanges take some getting used to, but are pretty neat once you figure 'em out. There's a Target, Lowe's, and PLENTY of food options nearby; some within walking distance, and others a little further afield.

Nice, new, and comfortable.  Pretty much exactly what you'd expect from a new CY.  I only wish I'd taken pictures before I spread my stuff all over the place.

-mvitale

Courtyard AVL

Would you like to write a review on the Courtyard by Marriott Asheville Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.