Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum renewal message?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Platinum renewal message?

Anyone else get a note on their online account saying that their status has renewed? I was going to be a little short on nights and if this is true, that'd be great because I was probably going to do a mattress run. Anyone else this on theirs? Any way to confirm (eg, expiration date in Jan 2017) short of calling MR?
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:05 am

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by dcchi
Anyone else get a note on their online account saying that their status has renewed? I was going to be a little short on nights and if this is true, that'd be great because I was probably going to do a mattress run. Anyone else this on theirs? Any way to confirm (eg, expiration date in Jan 2017) short of calling MR?
I got mine recently, but I requalified for Platinum awhile ago. I'm guessing a large batch of emails went out.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 1:49 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I got a platinum renewal message today, too. I have only 71 nights at the moment. I've got 2 more planned between now and 12/31 but I'm pretty sure I won't hit the official 75 night mark. Thank you, Marriott for your discretion in keeping me at platinum. ^
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Nothing for me yet. I have 182 nights this year with 11 more on the way. Hope I make it!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I got a platinum renewal message today, too. I have only 71 nights at the moment. I've got 2 more planned between now and 12/31 but I'm pretty sure I won't hit the official 75 night mark. Thank you, Marriott for your discretion in keeping me at platinum. ^
My statistics are almost identical to yours... 71 nights + 2 pending (stay already completed, just not posted). I do currently have a mattress run reservation booked, but I'd love to cancel. Any thoughts if this is legit or an "oops?" What complicates my situation even more is 3 of my 71 nights are the "phantom" birthday nights that posted a few days back. Decisions, decisions...
Old Dec 9, 2015, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold (1st choice) BW Diamond (2nd)
Originally Posted by jjglaze77
My statistics are almost identical to yours... 71 nights + 2 pending (stay already completed, just not posted). I do currently have a mattress run reservation booked, but I'd love to cancel. Any thoughts if this is legit or an "oops?" What complicates my situation even more is 3 of my 71 nights are the "phantom" birthday nights that posted a few days back. Decisions, decisions...
Marriott sent out emails a couple months ago to several people in which they lowered the amount of nights needed for certain people to keep their status. For me, i had 22 nights then, it required only 14 more nights to keep my gold making it a total of 36 nights needed. I believe the nights need to be paid nights.

I believe it may have been to entice people to spend more nights after the no promo summer and many switched to another brand.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I presume it's legit. Marriott has done the same each of the past few years.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
To clarify. I haven't gotten an email message that said I was platinum-renewed. It was when I logged on to my Marriott account. Have others actually gotten emails? (I'd feel a lot better with an email!)
Old Dec 9, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by dcchi
To clarify. I haven't gotten an email message that said I was platinum-renewed. It was when I logged on to my Marriott account. Have others actually gotten emails? (I'd feel a lot better with an email!)
I am in the same boat. No e-mail, only on the account login page. I've just taken a screenshot and cancelled my mattress run. Thanks Marriott!

EDIT: Update, after logging back in I no longer see the "welcome to Platinum" message :-(
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
I am in the same boat. No e-mail, only on the account login page. I've just taken a screenshot and cancelled my mattress run. Thanks Marriott!

EDIT: Update, after logging back in I no longer see the "welcome to Platinum" message :-(
I believe you only see it once.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by naumank
I believe you only see it once.
Something may be screwed up though. When I logged into mine yesterday it referenced Gold for me, which I know I have far exceeded. A worried me called in and spoke to someone and he indicated it is a known issue and they are working on updating something on the backend. He did mention it was isolated to certain accounts but they were working to disable the feature until they are able to fix some bugs.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 9:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Thanks. You just reminded me to start to worry about being renewed as PP. In the past, there wasn't a clear time when notices/gifts/card packages were sent, not was it obvious whether the notation on the account applied to the previous year or the coming year.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Thanks. You just reminded me to start to worry about being renewed as PP. In the past, there wasn't a clear time when notices/gifts/card packages were sent, not was it obvious whether the notation on the account applied to the previous year or the coming year.
You won't find out about PP until late Feb in my past experience...
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I, too, got the Platinum renewal message on my Marriott account page (no email) although I was 2 nights short. FYI. I will actually be getting those 2 nights on a weekend holiday trip to Philly. But what was really odd to me is that after reading this thread, I logged in again today to check and my number of nights stayed is now showing 75! Even though no activity is showing on my account to get me from 73 to 75.

In any case, since I know I will be hitting at least my 75 nights (and I am expecting CC charges to push me a bit higher than 75) I am not stressing over "phantom" nights and/or messages appearing.
Old Dec 10, 2015, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
You won't find out about PP until late Feb in my past experience...
I recall it was around 1/20ish that I found out I believe but could be wrong

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.