Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Website bad certificate

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA P, Delta SL, US SL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG PL AMB, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat
Marriott Website bad certificate

I am sitting here at a Residence Inn in Herndon, VA and cannot login to my Marriott Account. The main page comes up, but when you try to login you get certificate errors. I suppose it is possible that is the hotels side of the connection, but I tried it with two different browsers and get the same errors. Perhaps Marriott did not renew their server certificate?
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:31 am

Bad Certificate

I am experiencing that as well, but from an RI in PHL.
Old Sep 7, 2015, 6:41 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
No issues for me. Perhaps a RI issue with the internet?
Old Sep 8, 2015, 11:03 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by kanerf
I am sitting here at a Residence Inn in Herndon, VA and cannot login to my Marriott Account. The main page comes up, but when you try to login you get certificate errors. I suppose it is possible that is the hotels side of the connection, but I tried it with two different browsers and get the same errors. Perhaps Marriott did not renew their server certificate?
I have had this happen from another Marriott property--thought I cannot remember which one. I can only assume that they were doing something bad on the proxy. I did NOT enter my password.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: DL: PM, MR: Plat, AMEX Plat
I've experienced that with Marriott's site. Basically it overloads the browser with its own cookies and tracking files. If you delete those, you can log back in.
Old Sep 9, 2015, 8:34 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
I experienced this at one MR hotel several weeks ago. It's the hotel's network interfering, not MR's site. I was able to log on to marriott.com via 4G network contemporaneously with the stay and via hotel networks at the next few properties I visited.
Old Sep 10, 2015, 7:38 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by darthbimmer
I experienced this at one MR hotel several weeks ago. It's the hotel's network interfering, not MR's site. I was able to log on to marriott.com via 4G network contemporaneously with the stay and via hotel networks at the next few properties I visited.
Exactly. I wouldn't be surprised of the certificate is being forged/proxied

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.