Wiki Posts
Search

Fairfield Abilene

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, AvisFirst
Originally Posted by flyerfmaz
I'm not doubting you, I'm just not sure I understand. I'm a bit of a home handyman and can't fathom how the toilet could have been creating so much noise -- if any noise at all -- with the water off, door closed, and the A/C running. And I don't understand how it could still be running with the water off.

Let me ask this: when you reached down to turn off the water valve, you should have heard water rushing through the line. As you turned the valve off, the water should have stopped running. Are you saying that the water valve wasn't actually shutting the water off?
Exactly. Valve was clearly broken since it did not stop water flow.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: Global Entry, United Silver, Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by minnz21
Exactly. Valve was clearly broken since it did not stop water flow.
Well, that's a horse of a different color then. If the valve wouldn't even shut off the water I think you definitely deserve more than just points -- a refund would be more like it.

HINT: The FI Abilene monitors Trip Advisor and they respond to comments. Others have complained there recently about conditions, including the bathrooms. I'd suggest you post a polite but firm review on Trip Advisor, which will "motivate" the manager of the FI Abilene to get in touch with you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.