Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott.com login problems?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
Marriott.com login problems?

Anyone else having trouble logging in to Marriott.com? I've tried both on Firefox and Safari and get an error message back. Oddly enough, it works on the Marriott iOS app fine, but I'd really like to print out my reservation.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:17 pm
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by dcchi
Anyone else having trouble logging in to Marriott.com? ....
same here and it suggest calling 801-468-4000 -- and I get a busy signal????
We’re sorry, there’s been an error in the system. Please try again later, or call customer support at 801-468-4000 in the U.S. and Canada.
Was attempting to login to respond to e-mail
New Security Measures For Your Account

Dear WineCountryUA

Safeguarding your Marriott Rewards® account is our top priority.

We'll be adding enhanced security features in the coming weeks to further protect your account.

To prepare for these updates, we ask that you take a moment to sign into your account and update your profile with your preferred phone number and email address.

Soon, if you make updates to your profile or redeem points for certain awards, you'll be prompted to enter a temporary code which you will be able to receive through email, SMS or phone. For your convenience, you will also be able to register your device during this process to speed up future account profile changes and redemptions. We value your loyalty and just want to make sure it's really you ordering that gift card or changing your profile.

Taking this one extra step makes your account even more secure and will help prevent unauthorized access. It's one of the many ways we've got your account – and you – covered.
Sincerely,
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:56 pm

Same issue
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:24 pm

me too
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold, AA Gold
seems to be working now again.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
still not working for me
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:52 pm

Programs: MileagePlus Premier Platinum; Marriott Rewards Gold; SPG Gold
Same here. This could be related to them upgrading their account security measures. Received an email about it just 13 hours ago. Ironically, they're telling members to login in order to update their profile :P
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:25 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Get ready for a more than annoying "security" measure when you need a callback with a secret code to do things like redeem points. At least that is what I gathered from an email today. Just like banks...
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
from the insiders community manager

"Hi Insiders! An email went out today to Rewards members that stated the same information as above regarding account security enhancements. As a result of that email, we had an high number of members try to log in around the same time, which slowed down our system significantly. If you have not updated your account information yet and weren't able to do so today, you will have a few weeks to make these updates. Thanks!"
Old Jul 15, 2015, 2:01 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Please see this post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...l#post25122104

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.