Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Residence Inn Cincinnati Sharonville vs. Blue Ash

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2015, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC

I'm reloacting to Mason, OH for work. I'll still be on the road but that will be my corporate office.

For the relo package they gave me a lump sum to include a temporary housing budget. I get to pick and spend how I use it.

I have pets so I've narrowed it down to the Residence Inn Cincinnati Sharonville or the one in Blue Ash. Does anyone have experience with either? I realize this is a long shot but I'd love to know. And any general input is welcome as well.

Blue Ash will be $300 more the first month, and $600/month more for months 2 & 3 for a total of $1500 more. I don't mind paying it if it's worth it.

Here's what I have so far:

1. Blue Ash is 10 minutes closer to work, that's 20 minutes per day or 100 minutes per week saved. About 20 hours over the course of 3 months.

2. Blue Ash has slightly better kitchen (with breakfast bar) but otherwise rooms are comparable.

3. Sharonville has relationship with local gym, Blue Ash does not. I mostly run and do Pilates at studios so this is unlikely to be a huge benefit, but possibly.

4. Sharonville is right on an interstate interchange, Blue Ash is a bit removed. I've got a dog and having areas to walk him is important.

5. marriott.com and Trip Advisor reviews for both are solid, but slightly better for Blue Ash.

I don't want to pay $1500 more for 3 months if I don't have to, but if I will be happier then frankly the allowance is going to cover that anyway and it's more a matter of me making less money versus actually going out of pocket. I'd love to have any thoughts of people who've stayed in both. Or even of someone who has weighed long-term options and what they found important.

There is a TownePlace suites which has the better location for work as well, but I have a dog and it doesn't have private entrance which I kind of like. It ends up being $1287 cheaper than Blue Ash, a touch more than Sharonville, but it doesn't have private entrance, the dinner 3 nights per week (which I can extend and take leftovers for a few lunches as well since I'm not a big eater) and frankly I like the RI floor plan better. I could also get an Extended Stay America for $39, but well, blech.
Old May 5, 2015, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by bergamini
I'm reloacting to Mason, OH for work. I'll still be on the road but that will be my corporate office.

For the relo package they gave me a lump sum to include a temporary housing budget. I get to pick and spend how I use it.

I have pets so I've narrowed it down to the Residence Inn Cincinnati Sharonville or the one in Blue Ash. Does anyone have experience with either? I realize this is a long shot but I'd love to know. And any general input is welcome as well.

Blue Ash will be $300 more the first month, and $600/month more for months 2 & 3 for a total of $1500 more. I don't mind paying it if it's worth it.

Here's what I have so far:

1. Blue Ash is 10 minutes closer to work, that's 20 minutes per day or 100 minutes per week saved. About 20 hours over the course of 3 months.

2. Blue Ash has slightly better kitchen (with breakfast bar) but otherwise rooms are comparable.

3. Sharonville has relationship with local gym, Blue Ash does not. I mostly run and do Pilates at studios so this is unlikely to be a huge benefit, but possibly.

4. Sharonville is right on an interstate interchange, Blue Ash is a bit removed. I've got a dog and having areas to walk him is important.

5. marriott.com and Trip Advisor reviews for both are solid, but slightly better for Blue Ash.

I don't want to pay $1500 more for 3 months if I don't have to, but if I will be happier then frankly the allowance is going to cover that anyway and it's more a matter of me making less money versus actually going out of pocket. I'd love to have any thoughts of people who've stayed in both. Or even of someone who has weighed long-term options and what they found important.

There is a TownePlace suites which has the better location for work as well, but I have a dog and it doesn't have private entrance which I kind of like. It ends up being $1287 cheaper than Blue Ash, a touch more than Sharonville, but it doesn't have private entrance, the dinner 3 nights per week (which I can extend and take leftovers for a few lunches as well since I'm not a big eater) and frankly I like the RI floor plan better. I could also get an Extended Stay America for $39, but well, blech.
I've actually stayed at both - both are great hotels but as you've noted there are differences.....I would recommend contacting sales and explaining the situation and see if they are able to help with pricing at all
Old May 6, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
I did contact sales, ironically the sales rep is the same for both properties (2 days at Blue Ash & 2 @ Sharonville). I picked Blue Ash. I like the Starbucks and dining nearby. I don't like the constant construction since I arrived: parking lot, cleaning structure, fences, delayed pool opening, sparse M-Tu-We evening reception food / booze and that as a gold elite I didn't even get a standard room with a fireplace.

But the standard room has a king bed, with most RI's having a queen, and that was the decider. I'll end up staying shorter because of their service failures but otherwise it's OK.
Old May 6, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: Marriott, Southwest, American, Delta, Amtrak,Multiple others
I think the Blue Ash is a much nicer location than Sharonville. I think there is also a Townplace Suites in the area. Although they don't have as many benefits, the cost can be much lower and the newer properties may be nicer than older RI. I stayed for 3 months in the TS in Columbus for a relo and saved lots of money and points and had a great stay.

For working out, check to see if there is a Planet Fitness near work or hotel. They have a $10/month membership option and the Cincinnati clubs I have visited are clean and well maintained. I use the Finneytown location when in town. I know there are clubs in Tri County and Milford, but don't know about Mason or Blue Ash. Good luck with your move.

Note: One of my coworkers often stays at the Springhill Suites off of Fields Ertel and speaks highly of the property and receives a great rate. You may also want to check them out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.