Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Springhill Suites Wichita Kansas ICT Airport review:

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2015, 6:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott, United, Enterprise

And this was on the way back from GRK...

I love Springhills, great value. I thought hard about the one on the east side of Wichita, but the ICT one is about three months old and I deserve a new MAR property once in a while :-)

The property looks like it was carved out of an existing parking lot, no grass at all. Kinda sad. First HoJo that I've seen in decades next door. As close to the runway as the FAA will allow, I guess, but since it was a Sunday morning and it's ICT, I only heard two RJs so no big deal...

Exact same breakfast buffet as Ardmore the week before. Rooms had the 'wave-at' keys, like security badges. Bathroom entry was through a sliding-glass door.

I'd certainly go back.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks for the trip report. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
I Am So Conflicted Whether I Love It or Hate It

So shiny and new you can still smell the glue. Generous room size and good finish. Breakfast was no better than brand standard but fully so close to the airport you turn right (east) onto the access road and don't even get on the highway into town. Really easy place if you are coming off a late flight. I presume they have a shuttle and it should not take long it is so close to the shiny new terminal. Went to bed thinking it was just about perfect for a SHS.

But I hated the foam mattresses and there was lots of highway noise when traffic cranked up in the morning. Should have used better windows.

Now if you like foam mattresses and don't hear road noise it would be perfect for you. I probably will go back to downtown unless I have a really late plane.

Last edited by jayer; Jul 26, 2015 at 4:21 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.