Wiki Posts
Search

Megabonus question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2015, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR-Plat, HH-Gold, IHG-Plat
Megabonus question

My current Marriott megabonus requires 11 stays in order to get the entire 25000 Bonus points. The program runs from 2/1 until 4/30.

My problem is I'll be at the same hotel for the entire period of the promotion. So although I will be staying with Marriott 89 straight days I will only have 1 stay and therefore not qualify for the bonus.

This seems a little ridiculous to me, so I thought I would put it out to the group.

Any ideas how to qualify for the bonus? I thought about just changing hotels night after night, but the choices of Marriott properties is limited in the area and changing every day is a pain.

Thanks for your input.

P
Old Mar 4, 2015, 3:58 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Hi Paul, and welcome to FT. First post...

Marriott targets it's megabonus offers based on historic activity which works well if your stay patterns don't change but badly when they do.

Your offer is the bottom one, for occasional and new members. The top offer is based on nights and I think requires about 35 nights to max out at 55,000 points.

Your first port of call here is to ring Marriott Rewards up. Now as you're new here I can see you haven't filled in your program information. Please do that, other members advise relating to your circumstances and knowing you're a plain memeber, silver, gold or plat helps considerably.

If you're not a platinum then with these stays planned I'd ask for a plat challenge to give you platinum status with the extra points and possible upgrades etc. Also, when requesting to change megabonuses it seems plats and golds get a better shot than plain members or silvers. Therefore if you don't have plat I would ask for the challenge and once granted ask to change your megabonus to the 55,000 points one which is purely night based...
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
It used to be that you could have the hotel check you out and back in and that would be counted as a stay.

I did this years ago. not sure if this still works but give it a shot.

Once you go by 30 days you stay may become tax free so that's something to think about as well.

cheers.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:51 pm

Location: The place where it gets so hot in the summer some planes can't take off.
Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, WoH Globalist, National EE, United Platinum
Megabonus question

Call mr, explain the situation and ask to switch to another offer based on nights.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
If you can't get MR to change your promo, you could bounce back and forth between two Marriott hotels, if there's at least one other that's reasonably convenient to your location. Each time you switch it counts as new stay. Switching 11 times means you still get to stay several nights in a row at each hotel-- hardly a hardship in terms of checking in and out frequently.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: United 1K,Marriott Platinum Premier,IHC Platinum Ambassador,Hilton Gold
Im a Plat and my offer is 25 nights for 35,000 bonus points.
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's no reason not to ask for and be given the top offer of 55k for 30 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.