Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Card nights not posting

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by tbrein
Two of my four nights posted today. Still missing two nights.
I assume this will fix itself soon.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:30 am

Programs: AA EXP MM, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Ti, UA Silver
As I mentioned upthread my CC night posted but now a stay I've just completed has failed to post. I received the usual "Thanks for Staying" email but no points have posted. Usually those two events are nearly simultaneous.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:43 am

Programs: AA LT plat; Delta Gold; Marriott LT titanium; Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by PHLGovFlyer
As I mentioned upthread my CC night posted but now a stay I've just completed has failed to post. I received the usual "Thanks for Staying" email but no points have posted. Usually those two events are nearly simultaneous.
I have seen the delay between the email and the points be anywhere from a couple of hours to a day.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tbrein
Two of my four nights posted today. Still missing two nights.
I noticed the same sort of thing. The number of nights that posted to my account seems less than it should be for the total spend that showed up on my November statement. So I called Marriott Rewards and Chase to try to clarify. Here's the explanation I was given:

Remember that the points that post are (a) your Marriott spend x 5 points per dollar plus (b) your non-Marriott spend at 1 point per dollar. These points post in 2 separate transactions at marriott.com. So don't expect to see one large posting with a+b combined. You'll see a and you'll see b points posting separately.

For the purpose of calculating nights based on spend, add a + b and then divide by 3000. (Remember to drop the 5x multiplier on the a number of points). I admit that I'm simplifying, because you might have some spend left over from a prior month that wasn't enough to reach the $3000 level and this will carry over to the following month. But the nights credit will then post to your Marriott account during the following month.

My current (received in November) credit card statement shows Marriott spend of a. 5 times a points did post in November to my MR account. And my current credit card statement shows non-Marriott spend of b, and those points also posted to my MR account in November as a second posting.

The nights credit that just posted in November is based on the prior month's credit card activity. Both the Marriott Rewards rep and the Chase rep told me that I should be see the nights credit for my November credit card activity post in early December (the Chase rep said Dec 6, though I'm not sure if this applies to everyone or just to me - my payment due date is on the 8th of the month). Another way of saying this: the Marriott points post during the current month, but the nights credit posts in arrears during the following month.

I hope I understood that properly...

Last edited by GetawaysRus; Nov 26, 2014 at 12:54 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by GetawaysRus
I noticed the same sort of thing. The number of nights that posted to my account seems less than it should be for the total spend that showed up on my November statement. So I called Marriott Rewards and Chase to try to clarify. Here's the explanation I was given:

Remember that the points that post are (a) your Marriott spend x 5 points per dollar plus (b) your non-Marriott spend at 1 point per dollar. These points post in 2 separate transactions at marriott.com. So don't expect to see one large posting with a+b combined. You'll see a and you'll see b points posting separately.

For the purpose of calculating nights based on spend, add a + b and then divide by 3000. (Remember to drop the 5x multiplier on the a number of points). I admit that I'm simplifying, because you might have some spend left over from a prior month that wasn't enough to reach the $3000 level and this will carry over to the following month. But the nights credit will then post to your Marriott account during the following month.

My current (received in November) credit card statement shows Marriott spend of a. 5 times a points did post in November to my MR account. And my current credit card statement shows non-Marriott spend of b, and those points also posted to my MR account in November as a second posting.

The nights credit that just posted in November is based on the prior month's credit card activity. Both the Marriott Rewards rep and the Chase rep told me that I should be see the nights credit for my November credit card statement post in early December (the Chase rep said Dec 6, though I'm not sure if this applies to everyone or just to me - my statement due date is on the 8th of the month). Another way of saying this: the Marriott points post during the current month, but the nights credit posts in arrears during the following month.

I hope I understood that properly...
You also get double points on charges for airfare, rental cars and restaurants. And, while the three post as separate entries in your MR account, I do not recall ever seeing them not post at the same time.

Last edited by Michilander; Nov 26, 2014 at 4:03 pm Reason: typo
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:55 am

Programs: UA Platinum 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Finally got 3 nights posted for my October spend.

What's wierd is that if cut-off was 10/31, it should have been 2 nights. If it was my statement date of 11/10, it should have been 4 nights. I crossed the threshold for 3 nights on 11/3.

Regardless, something finally posted.

And I have very accurate records as everything is in quicken. My Marriott Visa is new (received it in late August) and Quicken lets me report the dollars easily.

Received 2 nights credit in Oct for Aug/Sept spend and another 3 nights today. Thus I must have $15K in spend since I received the card. This happened on 11/3. When my statement closed on 11/10, my total spend since inception was $19K -- thus 6 total nights, but I have only received 5.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:50 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; Mileage Plus 1K, 1 MM; Global Entry
Originally Posted by dougef
I have seen the delay between the email and the points be anywhere from a couple of hours to a day.
Agree. The points from my stay that ended this past Monday posted this morning. Thanks for staying email arrived yesterday morning.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
mine posted as well
Old Nov 28, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz PC
Anyone having trouble with the posting of points (not nights) in November? Typically my points post two days after the closing of a credit statement but this month it's been 6 days and the points still haven't posted.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 2:48 pm

I also had my 1 night missing post. Hopefully the last 3 nights will post in December properly from November spend, as it will give me 75 nights and ill be platinum. Whoo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.