Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anybody stay at CY Calgary Airport? Comments about it?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I'll be staying here for 18 of the next 22 days starting tomorrow night. Anybody have any comments about the hotel? Benefits/upgrades for a Gold? I know no free breakfast but how is the breakfast there? Thanks in advance.

Edit to add, tried searching for the hotel but all the searches came back with the Marriott downtown which is wrong hotel.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:17 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Sorry, no experience. A North American CY coupled with an airport location would scare the heck out of me. But maybe Canadian hospitality will make up for it. I'd just confirm its not a new "bistro" style CY (doubtful), otherwise breakfast should be fine but not spectacular.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 8:41 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Haven't stayed there, but the property is getting really good reviews on TripAdvisor, including by Marriott elites.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...y_Alberta.html

Please do a trip report in this thread after your stay so others will have an update, including on the items you asked. Thx!

Cheers.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We did not end up staying there but they were super awesome about refunding 2 certificates we were planning on using that very night when our flight was cancelled back in July.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta PLAT, Marriot Plat, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, A couple of other airlines - pee on
I have stayed at RI just beside the CY. When I checked, the RI has the same rate and included breakfast too. If you can, I would recommend the RI. However, the CY has nice size rooms.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kaaria
I have stayed at RI just beside the CY. When I checked, the RI has the same rate and included breakfast too. If you can, I would recommend the RI. However, the CY has nice size rooms.
Give up ½ the points to get a free breakfast when company is paying for the stay? Nah, I'll stay at the CY.

Just checked in a few hours ago. Nice hotel and helpful staff. We'll see what breakfast is in the morning but everything says it is a Bistro hotel. I'll post later what it really is and how good it is.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:08 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Website photos sure look like Bistro.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 10:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, Delta Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
I stayed in the Residence Inn Calgary airport back in April, which is ronncected to the CY. I stayed 2 nights on business and no complaints...nice quiet hotel. I ate lunch at the bistro one day and the pool/gym at the residence inn is very nice.

Last edited by alrvd83; Sep 16, 2014 at 11:10 pm
Old Sep 16, 2014, 8:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Baze
Give up ½ the points to get a free breakfast when company is paying for the stay? Nah, I'll stay at the CY.
Have to agree, especially given the length of your stay.

Cheers.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM/AA Gold & 1MM/HH Gold/Marriott Titanium
Had a great one night stay there earlier this year. Very nice for a CY, great bar and breakfast options. Not much within walking distance if that's a concern.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Update, is definitely a Bistro Hotel. Nice but prices outrageous. $9 CAD for a breakfast sandwich.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

2nd update.

Well, after 2 nights I have to say, the hotel is nice but wow, the beds are soft. I like a firm mattress and this ain't it. I will finish out this stay here, 7 more nights, but I will probably look for a different hotel for my next trip here.

Edit to add, no tip envelopes here

Last edited by Baze; Sep 17, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Another update on my stay.

I have to say I am not impressed with this hotel. The internet went out night before last at about 6:00 PM, did not get it going until the next morning.

½ the TV channels don't work. Think they have one of their dishes pointed wrong. Channels play for 1 second, lose signal, come back, lose signal. Maybe 10 channels actually work.

I have decided to try the Residence Inn when I come back on the 29th. Yes, I know, I will give up ½ the points but I am hoping for a firmer bed, TV that actually works, and yes, the free breakfast.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 7:03 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
Sadly, sounds like a typical CY. Always consistently with issues. At least that is constant. I will never stay more than 1 night at one. Why torture yourself, leave now... ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.