Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

My unhappy experience about the NFL Flashperks I bought

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

My unhappy experience about the NFL Flashperks I bought

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Sousaphil
I live in Denver. PM me if you want bar and restaurant recommendations!
Appreciate that! The Denver game had already passed actually. It was last Sunday. I didn't know canceling was allowed if we were unhappy with our seats until yesterday when I saw Courtyard's Facebook page. So we went ahead to the game.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:20 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Sorry that you confirmed what we sort of discussed and dismissed here the day of the sale.

Seattle might have been an exception but once I saw rooms available at a way cheaper rate and calculated that the price of the undisclosed location ticket had to be well, well above face value, it made no sense to continue. At multiple locations & games including NYC. Yes, Marriott could have been a hero with special seats and passes to truly make this event special but chose not to and they still sold out in 19 minutes or so, what's their motivation otherwise.

A big boo to MI.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...lashperks.html
Old Sep 11, 2014, 9:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bhsu21
So I've been trying to get a refund. No reply on their Courtyard page. I've tweeted Marriott and Courtyard. So I thought I'd post here as well to share the type of package that is actually delivered for someone thinking about it next year and hoping someone from Marriott might see this and deliver on the promise of canceling and refunding it for me.

Had I not seen that, I would have just shared my displeasure here for others to be aware in the future, hope Marriott would know, gone to the game, and learned an expensive lesson.
And we appreciate the heads up.

What I would do if I were you is also go to Marriott Insiders & post your experience there. Marriott reads that more often since it's their own page. Of course you get the Marriott reps who aren't really empowered to do much, but it gives a heads up to another portion of Marriott elites.

So how was the Denver game (seats aside) & have fun in Seattle.

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Just a heads up, the prices listed on the tickets do not always correlate with the actual cost to sit in that section. Corporate, sponsors, and season ticket holders receive tickets at a lower price point and that's whats printed on the ticket.

If you went to buy these seats from Denver or Seattle directly, as a non season ticket holder I'd imagine they'd cost more.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 5:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Unfortunately I find that the overwhelming majority of package 'deals' offered by Marriott are in fact a poor deal (especially packages offered when booking normal rooms through the website). At best you're breaking even. You'd think the things offered on flashperks would actually be a good deal, since the majority offered through there are good discounts on stays or items.

In this case you probably could've got tickets several weeks ago and a hotel room for a couple hundred bucks less than you paid for the 'deal', and also better seats. In my opinion the biggest disappointment is the crap seats that Marriott gave.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: LTP, PP
If anything, they are masters of marketing. Package and markup the ordinary, give it a fancy name, a limited time offer, "exclusivity", add a clicking clock, and watch the suckers flock to it!

MI should really be ashamed. I did a similar package with both SPG and Southwest and there were truly amazing, top notch events that you couldn't put together and touch for normal prices.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 8:05 pm

I've learned my lesson with buying packages sold by the hotel unless they specifically state what I'm getting.
Reminds me of the Romance packages with chocolate and champagne on the first night of your stay. If that is he case, I hope all MR members are smart enough to book the ROmance package for only one night and a better rate for all remaining nights.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 9:52 pm

Really, $1600 for two games?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Even the Courtyard employee on their Facebook page said, "as the official hotel of the NFL, we are proud to offer the best game day experience as part of this package including excellent seats at a good price."

Corner section, three rows from the top doesn't scream best game day experience to me nor excellent seats.
Clearly you should comment on that pointing out specifically which seats you got and asking why they consider them "excellent" and what timezone seats would have to be in to be considered merely "good".
Old Sep 16, 2014, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Just wanted to update what happened.

I tweeted @Marriott with a link to this conversation. Someone sent me a DM and said they would look into it. They contacted the GM at the Courtyard in Seattle that was included in the package. I suppose it was up to him if I could cancel it.

Spoke on the phone with the GM Gerry at the Courtyard Seattle Pioneer Square. Very professional and understanding of the situation. He told me that his part of the package was only the hotel room. He had no idea of the price or even where the seats were.

I sent everything to him via FedEx and he cancelled my reservation.

@Marriott account was very helpful with this situation and the GM at the hotel was too.

Will have second thoughts for sure buying any package from Marriott. Lesson learned.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 2:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Glad they came to a resolution, although it wasn't the preferred one. Thanks for following up as well bhsu21.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.