Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Are "Airport" properties expected to have shuttles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are "Airport" properties expected to have shuttles?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RogerD408
Example: SFO - Hotels are mandated to use shared shuttles and not their own. And for some reason they didn't pair up by chain or even proximity.
LAX might be another example of this.

Some airports have restrictions on whether a property can have a continuously circulating shuttle versus the call for a pick up model, and other airports seem to charge huge fees for the continuously circulating shuttles.

At ATL, very few shuttles serve the new international F terminal despite the signs for hotel shuttles.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Plat4Life, Hertz Pres Circle, reformed WN AP & CP
I personally think yes, any “Airport” hotel should have a shuttle or other quick transportation to the airport (monorail, walking distance, discounted taxi, etc).

This is another great example of the inconsistency of Marriott. Some do, some don’t. You never know based on the name. What is worse is that the webpage isn’t even consistent! I’ve seen a hotel (I think Boston?) where the front page said there was a shuttle but the transportation page said there was not a shuttle! I’ve gotten to the point to where I always call before booking to confirm.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 9:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kevin Adams
I

This is another great example of the inconsistency of Marriott. Some do, some don’t. You never know based on the name.
Is this limited to Marriott or are other chains inconsistent as well?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.