Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which property in July

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2014, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Which property in July

I apologize if this seems repetitive but I would love some direction...
We would like to take our 14 and 4 year old boys on vacation in July. We are unable to vacation at another time of the year due to sports commitments. We would like to be in the US, Central American or carribean. My younger son is happy with a pool and a beach and we would really like to do a great vacation for our older son who loves the beach and outdoor sports...zip line, snorkle etc.
We have been considering Costa Rica....we are aware of the weather there in July and not sure if the JW marriott is so great...worried that most places in general are just going to be too hot....anyone have a suggestion? We would like to use marriott points if we could....

Thanks!
Old May 14, 2014, 1:18 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
While Hawaii is in the US, I suspect that it is further than you want to travel. It is very nice in the summer and it is usually easy to find award availability.

Closer to the continental US, South Carolina is very nice in July near the beach. It will be hot and humid away from the beach, but that has never deterred us. We frequently do a 1-2 week vacation in SC in July or August. Marriott has full service resort properties at both Hilton Head and Myrtle Beach. The Myrtle Beach hotel is especially nice. The Hilton Head hotel has a great location and a nice pool area; however, the rooms are tired and need to be renovated. If you get very lucky, you might find award availability at one of the oceanfront HH Marriott Vacation Clubs or Marriott Oceanwatch Vacation Club in Myrtle Beach.

There are also lots of Marriott properties in VA beach; however, they are limited service (CY, FI, or SHS) and the same category levels or higher than the full service properties in Myrtle Beach and Hilton Head and they aren't as nice. I stayed at the SHS property a few years ago before the big category creep and even at the lower point level, I still thought it was a poor value.

--Jon

Last edited by Jon Maiman; May 14, 2014 at 1:27 pm
Old May 14, 2014, 1:19 pm

Aruba, San Juan, JW Grande Lakes Orlando, Ritz Carlton Amelia Island, Marriott Marco Island Resort and Spa, St. Kitts Marriott Resort.
Old May 14, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
I vote for Hawaii or Costa Rica. I enjoy both.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.