Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

do stays paid for with airline miles qualify for megabonus?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2014, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat 4mil miles, Hilton Gold

Will a stay in a Costa Rica Marriott property qualify for a megabonus night if I purchase it with airline miles?
Old May 13, 2014, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No it will not.
Old May 13, 2014, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pedropescador
Will a stay in a Costa Rica Marriott property qualify for a megabonus night if I purchase it with airline miles?
You can't purchase it with airline miles on the Marriott website, can you?

And you don't qualify for MegaBonus if you book on any third-party website. Only bookings on Marriott websites count.

And, btw, you also don't qualify for MegaBonus if you choose to earn airline miles on that stay.
Old May 13, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
And you don't qualify for MegaBonus if you book on any third-party website. Only bookings on Marriott websites count.
Not true, fortunately. The husband has ~20 nights booked for June-August, none booked thru Marriott.com, and I am confident they will all count, as they have in the past.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Not true, fortunately. The husband has ~20 nights booked for June-August, none booked thru Marriott.com, and I am confident they will all count, as they have in the past.
I think you realize that he's talking true 3rd party website bookings, not your husband's corporate travel department/agent/booking service.

Cheers.
Old May 13, 2014, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"Only bookings on Marriott websites count."

Is a completely misleading statement. There are many bookings on third party travel agent web sites, booking thru conference websites, etc. that count.

Is the traveler paying the hotel directly when they check out with a credit card that has their name on it?
Is the MR number of the traveler who is paying attached to the reservation?

It the answer to both of these is yes, it is extremely rare that the stay will not count, no matter where the reservation was made.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.