Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairfield pricing

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Maybe it's just me, but FI isn't high on my list of hotels to pick for a family stay. Within the Marriott brands, I'd probably look at all of the suites brands first, then the full-service hotels, then Fairfield, and last Courtyard.

If I held no elite status, the order would flip between the FS and Fairfield, but if I held no elite status I'd probably look at all of the other suite brands across HH, HY, etc. before ever getting to a Fairfield Inn.

If I'm at a Fairfield, it's probably because I'm nowhere near the other brands.
Old May 9, 2014, 4:13 pm

Programs: WN 3 Million Miler, MR Lifetime Titanium, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, AA Silver, United never again
Because of status, I actively seek out FS brands when travelling with the family on holiday.

Even with parking I often can get a CL level room or suite for the same or less than a leisure property. Since I seldom travel to San Fran or NYC with the family, I can navigate most other cities well, or choose FS brands by business districts.

We stay at RI as often as we can. We either hit breakfast very early or cook breakfast ourselves we avoid the scrum down in the lobby.

FFI just doesn't rate very high on our list of family hotels, now that my children are all older (and bigger).

Last edited by Texas Booster; May 9, 2014 at 4:36 pm Reason: spelling
Old May 9, 2014, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thought the thread was about pricing increasing at FI, not which brands folk prefer to stay?

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.