Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What are the current offers?
Is there a personal version of this card?
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

See discussion in the wiki at Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016)
Print Wikipost

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Business Credit Card

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2018, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by txpenny
It's a great card.

I saw somebody mention that this card may go away at some point due to Marriott's new relationship with AMEX? on business accounts, so I decided to apply for the card for my wife's business (while it's still available). There was no mention anywhere in the application of the 15 night annual credit, or 1 night awarded for every $3000 of spend, which was/is a benefit of my card, but I was lured by the 75K points that would get her over the 1.2MM lifetime points.

A funny thing happened while I was making a reservation for the missus. I noticed her night tally increased by 15 nights. I'm guessing that next month around the same time I'll see a night credit for the $3000 spend.
You mean one free night stay voucher after the $3k spend?
Old May 8, 2018, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by sciconf
You mean one free night stay voucher after the $3k spend?
No, I referring to 1 Marriott night credit for each $3K in spend which gets included in "Bonus Nights".
Old May 8, 2018, 10:05 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
No, I referring to 1 Marriott night credit for each $3K in spend which gets included in "Bonus Nights".
I think they are trying to make it harder for people to hit 75 and 100 nights.
Old May 9, 2018, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
It's a great card.

I saw somebody mention that this card may go away at some point due to Marriott's new relationship with AMEX? on business accounts, so I decided to apply for the card for my wife's business (while it's still available). There was no mention anywhere in the application of the 15 night annual credit, or 1 night awarded for every $3000 of spend, which was/is a benefit of my card, but I was lured by the 75K points that would get her over the 1.2MM lifetime points.

A funny thing happened while I was making a reservation for the missus. I noticed her night tally increased by 15 nights. I'm guessing that next month around the same time I'll see a night credit for the $3000 spend.
The first statement already hit and confirms my guess.

On the statement there is a blurb defining the benefits; 5x on Marriott; 2x on airline, car rentals, restaurants, office supply, internet, cable, & phone; 1x on all other. "Also, earn 1 Elite Credit towards Marriott Rewards Elite Status for every $3,000 you spend." (red text is exact verbiage from the statement).

So even though the Elite Night Credits are no longer advertised anywhere on the splash page or in the T&C of the offer for the business card with the 75K bonus, it is still a benefit. So anyone in need of 15 or so nights to reach your Y/E goal, this card will help if you are close.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:49 am

New Chase Marriott business card?

I think I just stumbled onto something interesting with the Chase Marriott business credit cards. I was trying to confirm that you can still get an elite night credit per $3k spend on it after August, looking at the "What's new" page on Marriott's site for the Marriott CC's (apparently I can't paste URLs yet with too few posts), which I swear used to show that benefit still there, and various blog write ups seem to confirm it used to be there (as it still is for the non-Plus personal card). There is also no mention of this benefit on the Chase page for the business card now. When clicking around my Chase account to look at current status of it, though, I found a link to a rewards program agreement, and turns out it is not for the regular premier business card, but the "Premier Plus Business Card" at chaseonline DOT chase DOT com SLASH resources SLASH RPA0504_Web.pdf (maybe someone else can paste a convenient link?) It lists the earnings similar to the SPG business card starting in late August, but nothing about other important aspects. What's the deal here? Maybe they're making a slightly upgraded "Plus" version a la the personal cards, or getting ready to convert the SPG biz cards to this?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mkvandy03
I found a link to a rewards program agreement, and turns out it is not for the regular premier business card, but the "Premier Plus Business Card" at chaseonline DOT chase DOT com SLASH resources SLASH RPA0504_Web.pdf (maybe someone else can paste a convenient link?)
Here's the direct link:

https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0504_Web.pdf

Supposedly Chase does not have the rights to market a business card in the new program; only Amex does.

But we don't know what "market" means exactly. Barclay supposedly only has rights to market AA credit cards on AA planes and in airports; Citi supposedly has the rights for marketing AA credit cards everywhere else. But that doesn't mean that you can't apply for a Barclay AA card online, it just means they can't "advertise" it online I guess.

So it's not clear to me what this "mutual exclusivity"-- where Chase supposedly gets normal and low-end new-program personal cards, while Amex gets new-program business card and high-end personal card -- means exactly going much forward (say, into 2019 and beyond).

With that in mind, it's unclear if this is a new card that will be offered to all (and if so, long term or only for a limited time, until say the new program has a name ), or if it will only be an upgrade to the existing card for existing Chase Business Marriott Premier cardholders.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:34 pm

Programs: Hdszx
Nagaraj

Excellent news
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:00 pm

Thanks for putting in the direct link. Does anyone have confirmation on what I originally set out looking for - whether the biz card still earns elite night credits per $3k, at least through August? I might be 1-2 nights short of Plat this year, so thinking about putting some more spend on the card if it will help ensure that gap is covered.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Thanks for putting in the direct link. Does anyone have confirmation on what I originally set out looking for - whether the biz card still earns elite night credits per $3k, at least through August? I might be 1-2 nights short of Plat this year, so thinking about putting some more spend on the card if it will help ensure that gap is covered.
I just read through and didn't notice anything about elite nights credit per $3k
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
First of all, welcome to Flyertalk! Thank you for posting about this. I really don't know about the elite nights for each $3000 in spending posting this year. But awards redemptions count as nights, too. If you can find a hotel that is a category 1, then that would be the best. You can just show up, check in, and leave if need be. I have done that before when a certificate was about to expire.

After reading the whole document, I wonder if all current card holders will be automatically upgraded to the Premier Plus Business Card. The reason why is because it gives the current set of earning rules for all expenditures through Aug 25, 2018, and then a different set for expenditures Aug 26, 2018, and afterward.

My anniversary date is after August 26. I wonder if I will get my 15 annual elite nights and what kind of certificate I will get this year if I am automatically upgraded. Thanks.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 8:16 pm

Not surprisingly for anyone, I'm sure, awards on this card will match those on the SPG Business card effective August.

• For purchases that post to your account beginning August 26, 2018, you’ll earn:
    • › 6 points for each $1 spent on qualifying purchases made
      at participating MarriottŪ and The Ritz-Carlton locations, and participating SPG locations. Go to marriottrewards.com, ritzcarltonrewards.com, or spg.com, as applicable, for a list
      of participating locations. You may see “6X” in marketing materials to refer to the 6 points you earn for each $1 spent at participating Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, and SPG locations. You will only receive the accelerated earn of 6 points for each $1 spent from this credit card program. Additional points received under the Marriott Rewards program for stays at participating Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, and SPG locations will be earned in accordance with the terms and conditions of the Marriott Rewards and SPG programs.
    • › 4 points for each $1 spent on purchases in the following rewards categories: restaurants; gas stations; shipping; internet, cable, and phone services. You may see “4X” in marketing materials to refer to the 4 points you earn for each $1 spent in these categories.
    • › 2 points for each $1 spent on all other purchases. You may see “2X” in marketing materials to refer to the 2 points you earn for each $1 spent on all other purchases.
Source: https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0504_Web.pdf
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nall
Not surprisingly for anyone, I'm sure, awards on this card will match those on the SPG Business card effective August.

Source: https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0504_Web.pdf
But the card in that link is named differently than current card! The current card is Bueiness Premier without a Plus, the card discussed in that link is Business Premier Plus.

So see this thread:

New Chase Marriott business card?

People are wondering if it's a new card or not, whether those who have the current (Business Premier without the Plus) card will get automatically upgraded to that Plus card or not, because it's a differently named card, so you can't assume that it's talking about your current card.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by sdsearch
People are wondering if it's a new card or not, whether those who have the current (Business Premier without the Plus) card will get automatically upgraded to that Plus card or not, because it's a differently named card, so you can't assume that it's talking about your current card.
Actually, if I go to the benefits for my current card, it shows this document, so I think I can safely assume it is talking about my current card.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:11 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
I wonder if this is going to be the "exact same card"...visa vs amex... does anyone know?
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:57 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Everyone should copy and paste this message to Chase Twitter, it worked for Starwood Elites with Marriott. Send as a direct message or a tweet, I direct messaged.

https://twitter.com/ChaseSupport

Is the Marriott Business card going to have an annual free 35K point night like the $95 Marriott Personal and Amex $95 SPG Personal and $95 Business cards will? I don't see it mentioned here. https://chaseonline.chase.com/resources/RPA0504_Web.pdf …
And make the annual fee $95 while you're at it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.