Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott App

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Platinum, DL DM
Marriott App

Any idea on when/if the Marriott Rewards app will be updated anytime soon? I stay, rarely, at SPG hotels and the SPG app blows Marriott's app out of the water.

Just wondering if anybody had heard if Marriott was planning on revamping their phone app anytime soon?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, National EE
I don't know, but yes, the SPG app is a LOT better than the Marriott app.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:09 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AAdvantage, United MP, Marriott Rewards
But the Marriott app is still way better than the Hilton app :-)
Old Apr 6, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Since I am not SPG, what is so much better in SPG app?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: HH Diamond, DL plat, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Gold, National Executive
Originally Posted by kcaluwae
But the Marriott app is still way better than the Hilton app :-)
Anything is better than the Hilton app
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: Several
Originally Posted by nyctoatl
Why do you like the Marriott app more?

I actually like the Hilton app better for two main reasons; you can see your point history and also search for nights using points. To my knowledge, you cannot do either of those with the Marriott app.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nyctoatl
No, there's something even worse: The Best Western app. Best Western doesn't remember your preferred credit card, and the Best Western app would not let me enter a credit card (the user interface took the card number without giving a way to enter the expiration date, then said you didn't enter an expiration date, so the reservation process is canceled). I have not heard of anyone who's managed to actually book a reservation with that BW app therefore.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing these issues with the app, but the sign in to view reservations seems to always come up, even if i ask it to remember my sign in. App stays open, but i seem to have to log back in to it, MR# and password, about half the time I access it. So bizarre.

Once I am in, its a great app. Does everything I need it to. But accessing it is a pain in the butt!
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: IHG Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by JC5280
Not sure if anyone else is experiencing these issues with the app, but the sign in to view reservations seems to always come up, even if i ask it to remember my sign in. App stays open, but i seem to have to log back in to it, MR# and password, about half the time I access it. So bizarre.

Once I am in, its a great app. Does everything I need it to. But accessing it is a pain in the butt!
My app behaves this way as well. Very annoying.

I do get the push messages or whatever they are called all the time, "do you want to check in now?" for instance so it seems to know it's my account as if I was logged in all the time but it still requires login details if I want to see my reservations.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 9:41 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.3; en-us; HTC_T120C Build/IML74K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

App is crap. Won't sort by price on my Droid.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by JC5280

Same problem for me.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Marriott App

Same here.

(My assumption has been that when you enter a "new" country, it "forgets")

But perhaps thats not the case...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 4:40 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by Father-of-3
Same problem for me.
+1 each time I log in, I tell it to remember me, and then I have to login again. Defeats the whole purpose of the app.
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:01 am
Suspended

I had this problem for a while but after a month or so it corrected itself. I can stay signed into my account.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:50 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I always get logged out. It's a pain but not life-threatening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.