Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points and Cash Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2014, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Points and Cash Annoyance

I'm looking at a 6 night stay, for which I want to use points for 5 nights, and cash for the 6th. Unless I'm just missing the option, I can't seem to combine 5 nights of points with a AAA rate, it only uses the regular rate. I could, of course, make two reservations, but I thought that's what points+cash was intended to avoid.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:52 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
You are correct. I do believe for special rates, you have to call in and let a Marriott agent make the reservation for you if you need to have a single reservation # for the complete stay.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:55 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
I ran into the same problem last week and just made two reservations online.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 12:29 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Benefit of a single res is that one can make the cheapest night (even in the middle) the revenue night, yet still get the B4G1 points rate !
So how about booking online with the BAR, then phoning in to get it changed to AAA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.