Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Using a Cat 1-5 Certificate at a Cat 7 hotel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using a Cat 1-5 Certificate at a Cat 7 hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
You guys are quoting a 4 year old post.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 10:09 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by txpenny
You guys are quoting a 4 year old post.
That's OK....all of the Cat 5's back then are probably 7 now. So, it all works out.
joshua362 likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by funkbandit
There are different types of Cat. 1-5 certs. There are the ones you earn from promotions (typically good for one night) which you can't upgrade. And then there are the 5 or 7 days Cat. 1-5 certs from travel packages which you can upgrade to higher redemption categories by calling MR.
There is a thread where someone was successful at converting a one night cat 1-5 to 25,000 points and adding more points to making it a higher Cat one free night.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
There is a thread where someone was successful at converting a one night cat 1-5 to 25,000 points and adding more points to making it a higher Cat one free night.
I asked whether my cat 1-5 cert could be converted to points the other day and was shot down immediately.
I guess it's a very rare exception.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by agjil
I asked whether my cat 1-5 cert could be converted to points the other day and was shot down immediately.
I guess it's a very rare exception.
Originally Posted by HHonors OUTSIDER
Even though this is an old thread, I've done exactly what HHonors OUTSIDER reported. A couple of years ago, I was allowed to convert a C1-5 cert into 25K points. To be precise, it was the CC cert and not a Megabonus cert. Also, the MR agent could see that I had reserved 6 months or so of bookings and none of them were Cat 5 or less hotels (all were Epicurean).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.