Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Earn 1k United bonus miles per stay, May 30 - August 30, 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2013, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????

I didn't see this promotion (pasted below) on FT yet. I don't think it's targeted. It's not exciting (only 1k bonus per stay, and only for a few properties in North America), but better than a kick in the pants. Maybe it could be useful after completing your megabonus (switch to earning miles).

The weird thing is that even though I registered (http://joinmarriottrewards.com/united/), the promo doesn't show in my promotions on MR.cm (even after after switching to earning miles). That is unusual for Marriott promos. I do, however, see a promo for earning Avios. These promos are not combinable, since one requires that you set your earning preference to UA miles and the other requires Avios.

It's also weird that you have until August 30th to complete stays, but you have to book by July 15. I've never seen that before with a Marriott promo of this kind. Usually you can book and stay on the last night of the promo window. It looks more like the kind of promo where you book with a promo code, but I believe there's no promo code in this case. I'm not sure how it's tracked.

"Stay from May 30, 2013 through August 30, 2013 at select JW Marriott,® Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, or Gaylord Hotels® and you will receive 1,000 bonus miles with United MileagePlus. This offer doesn't last forever, you must book by July 15, 2013. "

Full T&C:

Offer valid May 30, 2013 through August 30, 2013. Reservation must be made by July 15, 2013. Enrollment and registration with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion. United MileagePlus members must be members of Marriott Rewards and indicate United MileagePlus as their earning preference in order to qualify for this offer. A maximum of 1,000 bonus miles can be earned per stay and a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles can be earned with this promotion. Miles earned on all qualifying charges at participating JW Marriott,® Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts® and Gaylord Hotels®. Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow six to eight weeks after promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your United MileagePlus account. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Your preferred airline/miles program reserves the right to change program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. All program terms and conditions of your preferred airline/miles program apply. All Marriott Rewards terms and conditions apply. See MarriottRewards.com or call 800-249-0800 for complete Marriott Rewards terms and conditions.
This Marriott Rewards promotional offer is valid for qualifying stays you personally make at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Gaylord Hotels located in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Offer not valid on group stays. For a complete listing, visit http://joinmarriottrewards.com/united/properties.aspx.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 9:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
THXs for the post...........this offer is better then the one I originally registered for a month ago as the previous one was only valid thru the end of June and limited to 5k........
I don't think you'll find these types of promos in your MR window but just get an e-mail from MR sthat you're regisered for it; ie. -

Thank You
Congratulations! You’re registered to earn bonus miles with United Airlines®!
To start earning miles with United Airlines MileagePlus, all you need to do is make a reservation for a stay at any participating JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts® or Gaylord Hotels® from May 30, 2013 through August 30, 2013 and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus miles per stay, up to 10,000 bonus miles.
To ensure that you’ll be earning bonus miles, please visit your My Account page and update the Earning Preferences in your Profile section to earn "Miles" with
United Airlines.
Book your stay by July 15, 2013 and earn your miles today

Originally Posted by BigE
I didn't see this promotion (pasted below) on FT yet. I don't think it's targeted. It's not exciting (only 1k bonus per stay, and only for a few properties in North America), but better than a kick in the pants. Maybe it could be useful after completing your megabonus (switch to earning miles).

The weird thing is that even though I registered (http://joinmarriottrewards.com/united/), the promo doesn't show in my promotions on MR.cm (even after after switching to earning miles). That is unusual for Marriott promos. I do, however, see a promo for earning Avios. These promos are not combinable, since one requires that you set your earning preference to UA miles and the other requires Avios.

It's also weird that you have until August 30th to complete stays, but you have to book by July 15. I've never seen that before with a Marriott promo of this kind. Usually you can book and stay on the last night of the promo window. It looks more like the kind of promo where you book with a promo code, but I believe there's no promo code in this case. I'm not sure how it's tracked.

"Stay from May 30, 2013 through August 30, 2013 at select JW Marriott,® Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts®, or Gaylord Hotels® and you will receive 1,000 bonus miles with United MileagePlus. This offer doesn't last forever, you must book by July 15, 2013. "

Full T&C:

Offer valid May 30, 2013 through August 30, 2013. Reservation must be made by July 15, 2013. Enrollment and registration with Marriott Rewards® is required to be eligible for this promotion. United MileagePlus members must be members of Marriott Rewards and indicate United MileagePlus as their earning preference in order to qualify for this offer. A maximum of 1,000 bonus miles can be earned per stay and a maximum of 10,000 bonus miles can be earned with this promotion. Miles earned on all qualifying charges at participating JW Marriott,® Autograph Collection® Hotels, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts® and Gaylord Hotels®. Members electing to earn Marriott Rewards points are not eligible for this promotion. Please allow six to eight weeks after promotion ends for bonus miles to be posted to your United MileagePlus account. A stay is defined as consecutive nights spent in the same hotel, regardless of check-in/check-out activity. Your preferred airline/miles program reserves the right to change program rules, regulations, travel awards and special offers at any time without notice. Any such changes may affect your ability to use the awards or mileage credits that you have accumulated. All program terms and conditions of your preferred airline/miles program apply. All Marriott Rewards terms and conditions apply. See MarriottRewards.com or call 800-249-0800 for complete Marriott Rewards terms and conditions.
This Marriott Rewards promotional offer is valid for qualifying stays you personally make at participating JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels, Marriott Hotels & Resorts and Gaylord Hotels located in the U.S., Canada and Mexico. Offer not valid on group stays. For a complete listing, visit http://joinmarriottrewards.com/united/properties.aspx.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
So If I register for this, do I lose the opportunity to earn points and stay credit?

I presume you earn miles only on this promo?
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
correct.........miles chosen so no points too.......but you will get stay credits......

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
So If I register for this, do I lose the opportunity to earn points and stay credit?

I presume you earn miles only on this promo?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
My first read of this thread title had me thinking 1K *status*. Got the adrenaline pumping for a split second, there!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
correct.........miles chosen so no points too.......but you will get stay credits......
thanks

Do I have to go into my account and switch from Points to miles to get this? or will it be done automatically by registering
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:59 pm

Has anyone received their bonus miles yet? More than 8 weeks have passed, and nothing has posted for me yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.