Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Fairfield Inn rolling out scrambled eggs, sausage, and oatmeal!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fairfield Inn rolling out scrambled eggs, sausage, and oatmeal!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2013, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question so Fairfield doesn't mean free breakfast after all? then what does it mean??????

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
Some fairfield inns do not offer breakfast - and I expect that to continue. The one in Anaheim, CA does not. They make that very clear on their web site.
Do you mean this one:

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...eyland-resort/

If so, I disagree that it's very clear on their web site. Yes, I do realize that when I link their website here and pull it up, it says:
"Note: There is NO complimentary breakfast offered at our hotel."
But I realize it only because I tried to disprove it by posting the link here from my hotel search.

When I do a hotel search for Anaheim, and that hotel comes up, and I click the name of hotel on the results list, even though it uses the same link, it comes up with a totally different (popup) page, and that pages makes no clear mention of the breakfast not being included! (And that page is all I'd look at if I was booking through the hotel results page!)

(And even on the above stand-alone page, it's buried inside a very long paragraph. Some other hotel programs would put a glaring exception to brand policy like this in red or something like that.)

Anyway, why of why does Marriott claim on other (general) pages (and advertising) that Fairfield Inn (always) means free breakfast for all, and then make exceptions? If this is a hotel with a full-service restaurant, why in the world isn't it a different Marriott family brand???

Last edited by sdsearch; Apr 28, 2013 at 2:30 pm
Old May 2, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
I stayed in the brand new FI Midtown/Penn Station NYC this week. Scrambled eggs, pork sausage, turkey sausage, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, bagels, english muffins, cereals, yogurts, etc. were served.

FYI. Their rooftop restaurant/bar opens next month. Supposedly will serve light snacks, drinks, etc.
Old Jun 13, 2013, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch on April 24
I stayed at the Fairfield Inn Placentia last night, and this morning the breakfast featured neither oatmeal nor scrambled eggs nor sausage. Like before, there was a waffle maker, and otherwise only breakfast sandwiches (in a mini-fridge) which you could heat up (in the microwave). Otherwise (except for breads you've toasted), it's still all cold.
I stayed there again for a few nights this week. Still nothing changed.. Except: This morning they added a second mircrowave (for heating those breafkfast sandwiches), and as result they had to move the fruit salad bowl to another place (it took me a moment to find it). This one change happened between yesterday morning and this morning.

But still no oatmeal nor scrambled eggs nor sausage (except for those pre-packaged breakfast sandwiches which are some kind of breakfast meat with some kind of supposed eggs).
Old Jun 15, 2013, 11:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Qantas Platinum 1, IHG Diamond, United 1K, Avis President
I was at the Fairfield Inn Seaworld in San Antonio and they had rolled out the new breakfast. It was not what I was expecting though.

The waffles were an eggo type brand that you had to heat in the toaster. They had scrambled eggs and sausage, but no breakfast sandwhiches. The hard boiled eggs were still there. The oatmeal was in instant packages, and you had to walk over to the coffee dispenser (in the lobby) to get hot water to make the oatmeal.

This seemed like a downgrade. I think I want the breakfast sandwhiches back lol
Old Aug 7, 2013, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Exclamation powdered eggs!

Well, the brand new (new build) Fairfield in Tustin finally opened, and I stayed there last night, and the new breakfast was there this morning.

The eggs tasted powdered, so no better than Hampton. (Whoever wrote that "freshly scrambled" adspeak was choosing words very carefully; "freshly scrambled" refers to how recently scrambled they were, not how fresh the eggs themselves were! But it makes a lot people think it means the latter...)

There were still hard-boiled eggs (and thus the only real eggs in the place) available, too.

(I didn't even look at the sausage, since I don't eat that myself.)

THey had two giant oatmeal vats, but as far as I could tell they were identical (just to have more ready for a sudden assault of crowds, I guess). The topping were separate (in front), so that you could prepare your oatmeal any way you wanted.

I didn't spot any fruit salad (just a few whole fruits), which seemed a step down from "all cold" Fairfield breakfasts. And I didn't see any breakfast sandwiches either.

At this particular Fairfield (which opened less than a week ago), the sliced bread was too big to fit in the toaster. (But I presume they'll rectify that with time, by changing one or the other.)

So while it's ok, I can't get excited about this new breakfast. (It would be simpler, though, if I could count on every Fairfield with a breakfast having this type, rather than guessing which one has the new breakfast and which one has the old breakfast.) It does make Fairfield's breakfast more similar to Hampton's, but it doesn't make it any better than Hampton's. (It just means, if this is enough for you, that you can earn Marriott points while eating a breakfast similar to Hampton's. If you're at the right Fairfield, that is...)
Old Aug 8, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: UA, Marriott, Amex
Stayed at the Fairfield in Wilkes-Barre, aside from the lukewarm water for the shower in the morning I had a great stay.

Higher end yogurts, the eggs were fresh and I saw the coffee replaced multiple times.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.