Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

You Know You Spend Too Many Nights At Marriotts When...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT

Lately, the travel has been a little heavy, and I've been bouncing around from city to city, hotel to hotel. Travel, late check in, early rise, breakfast in a CL (FS) or lobby (SHS) out the door around eight, a customer site, lunch, another customer site, travel, late check in...

The routine has become so routine that this morning, I came downstairs for breakfast and couldn't remember where I was. Someone started a conversation, so I asked.

It made me curious, how would others complete this sentence? I know I'm spending too many nights at Marriott Hotels when...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
at least Marriott's aren't as "cookie cutter" as a few other brands making me even more confused as to where I'm at when I wake up as they all to often look so-so much alike.........on a Scandinavian trip I stayed in various Scandics and after I entered the 3rd/4th week of an 8-week trip was totally lost as to what city I was waking up in........

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Lately, the travel has been a little heavy, and I've been bouncing around from city to city, hotel to hotel. Travel, late check in, early rise, breakfast in a CL (FS) or lobby (SHS) out the door around eight, a customer site, lunch, another customer site, travel, late check in...

The routine has become so routine that this morning, I came downstairs for breakfast and couldn't remember where I was. Someone started a conversation, so I asked.

It made me curious, how would others complete this sentence? I know I'm spending too many nights at Marriott Hotels when...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
when GM sends you a second fruit platter and welcome card (the same week). With first one stating "thank you for coming back" and when you check in back few days later "thank you for coming back, that was quick".
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I come back to my house and ask for the 500 points arrival gift.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:13 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Checking in, being welcomed back and asking for a specific room # and getting it, only to find the room looks wrong. The room # was from the property in a different city I stayed in 2 nights before.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: LTP, PP
...when you get sick & tired of the same old food & drink in the Concierge Lounge and Breakfast Buffet and begin to go without despite them being both complementary (for me).
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wxguy
^

This will be hard to top.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 7Continents
Checking in, being welcomed back and asking for a specific room # and getting it, only to find the room looks wrong. The room # was from the property in a different city I stayed in 2 nights before.
Similar experience... spent one night at BHM FS and next night at CVG FS in the same room number. The two hotels are mirror images of one another; identical except what is to the left in one is to the right in the other.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:38 am

having 330 rollover nights on Jan 1st!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: DL PM UA PSilver Marriott Lifetime Plat, AMEX Platinum, Avis PC, UA MPPPlus
One of the guys in ZZ Top said "you know you've spent too much time on the road when you wake up and have trouble calling room service, because you are at home"
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:30 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
...when you have a collection of toiletries from all of you stays to a point where you haven't had to buy shampoo, soap, or conditioner in two years.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by wxguy

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold
The walk of shame to the front desk to ask "I forgot which room i was in"....and quickly hand them your ID, so they could remind you.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:52 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
When you help the new FD clerk with MARSHA..."trust me...it's GENR"...
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: Hilton Dia, Hyatt Glbl, Marriott Lftm Plat, National EE
Originally Posted by goldarm
The walk of shame to the front desk to ask "I forgot which room i was in"....and quickly hand them your ID, so they could remind you.
Whew... Glad to know I'm not alone. I checked into the Marriott Downer's Grove last month, dropped my bags and immediately headed down to workout center. After the workout, had to do the walk of shame in smelly workout clothes with nothing but my iphone and a (useless) room key.

Thankfully, the nice desk clerk verified my identity by calling me on my registered MR profile phone # (iphone) before reminding me of my room #.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.