Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott to double size in Thailand

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-...land-36746.php

Looks like Marriott are growing through a new relationship in Thailand.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
if the 5 to-be-built props are anything like the Rayong or Marriott Sukhumvit 57 don't count on a timely completion......

7 newly added props with an additional 3000 rooms averages over 400 rooms per hotel.............frankly, I don't believe it.......

2 new props in Pattaya with the existing Marriott last year renewing their mgt agreement for 7-yrs and the nearby Rayong prop having just opened - over kill

an RC in Bangkok - this city already saturated (with all brands)

Hua Hin - need a replacement for the lost lease on the previous Marriott here (along w the Courtyard Cha Am), but knowing HH quite well don't recall an open beach area to still build on........

BKK Exec on Surawong - where - my law ofc on Surawong and I don't recall any vacant land on this street........

Originally Posted by qwest01

Last edited by BKKLEE; Jan 31, 2013 at 4:41 am
Old Jan 31, 2013, 4:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
a few things wrong with this article and its cited props:
It will see Marriott International take on the management of two existing hotels and five new build properties across the country in the strategic tourist destinations of Phuket, Bangkok, Hua Hin and Pattaya.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Having stayed a few times at the Imperial Queens Park in Bangkok (without any choice as my company put me there), I certainly hope they are going to spend alot of money on upgrading the place..... it is a terrible dump in need of some serious TLC! Not what one would expect from a Marriott at all!
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Platinum,Hertz Pres Circle
A newly built JW in Pattaya?

hmmm...I wonder where will it be located?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 6:23 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Still nothing on Patong Beach
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:31 pm
Suspended

looking into this a little more, and although the new props aren't scheduled to be completed until 2016, the RC here in BKK will be located on Sathorn Road and the Hua Hin prop, supposedly on a private beach, over towards the airport.......to bad as I prefer the Kao Takiab side of the city..........

Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Well i guess it will just be a case of wait and see. Certainly I agree the Imperial Queen's Part would require a major refurb before it would be up to standard expected of a Bangkok Marriott but that is what is proposed. It will be three years before the refurbs are completed and longer still I would expect before the new hotels are open.

For those doubtful about whether Marriott will build these - and you are probably quite right to be doubtful given experiemce with other developments, perhaps we should look more to TCC for signs of the developments coming to fruition.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 2:49 am
Suspended

since I live here and have a vested interest in returning to a Marriott in Hua Hin .............. I used the Marriott their even before it was a Marriott (Royal Garden) I'll be following the progress of these props.........

can't comment on the Imp Pk as I live in BKK and never stayed their but the GM was a client of our law firm so I'll ask him for a little inside info.....

Well i guess it will just be a case of wait and see. Certainly I agree the Imperial Queen's Part would require a major refurb before it would be up to standard expected of a Bangkok Marriott but that is what is proposed. It will be three years before the refurbs are completed and longer still I would expect before the new hotels are open.

For those doubtful about whether Marriott will build these - and you are probably quite right to be doubtful given experiemce with other developments, perhaps we should look more to TCC for signs of the developments coming to fruition.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
On my last trip to Thailand I enjoyed the food so much that I, too, doubled in size.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL PM, A+Elite, Marriott Gold
We need a Marriott in Chiang Mai! We stayed at the Four Seasons last Nov. It was very lovely but too far from the city.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by Chari910
We need a Marriott in Chiang Mai! We stayed at the Four Seasons last Nov. It was very lovely but too far from the city.
There's a rather nice Le Meridien in the city. Just get some SPG status as well.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 11:47 pm
Suspended

same goes for Chiang Rai........

Originally Posted by holtju2
There's a rather nice Le Meridien in the city. Just get some SPG status as well.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:36 am
Suspended

more Thai properties to be announced......

following dinner at a local Marriott here in Bangkok the discission with the GM was over the 7-previously announced new props to be added in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Hua Hin ..............his new news were that an additional 4 props were due to be announced soon...............tried to get the locations out of him but he was tight lipped, but I did manage to get a negative on Chiang Mai (Thailands second largest city) stating it was to small a market (and if Chiang Mai is a no go, certainly Chiang Rai will also be a no go), so what locations are left besides those already covered??
Will Bangkok become another Shanghai with 22 properties???????????
Old Apr 28, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
following dinner at a local Marriott here in Bangkok the discission with the GM was over the 7-previously announced new props to be added in Bangkok, Phuket, Pattaya and Hua Hin ..............his new news were that an additional 4 props were due to be announced soon...............tried to get the locations out of him but he was tight lipped, but I did manage to get a negative on Chiang Mai (Thailands second largest city) stating it was to small a market (and if Chiang Mai is a no go, certainly Chiang Rai will also be a no go), so what locations are left besides those already covered??
Will Bangkok become another Shanghai with 22 properties???????????
Interesting. Must admit I still hope for a replacement for the old Courtyard in Pating on Phuket....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.