Search

Most Expensive Nightly Rate??

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by Cledaybuck
I'm willing to bet that is the weekend of the Kentucky Derby.
2016 Kentucky Derby: May 6, 2016

FWIW, here's a list of festivals/events that weekend in Louisville.

David
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:38 am

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Ha. For some reason I was thinking month 6 was May instead of June. My bad. Who knows then? Mistake?
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
They're often a couple grand for the Derby, but usually expressed as $600-700/nt with a 2- or 3-night minimum.

The $2k per night in June....I can't explain that. Maybe they're throwing in a couple tickets to that Greek fest?

We did the Derby a couple years ago and stayed in Cincinnati at normal rates.

Highest I've personally paid for a Marriott regular room was $600/nt for the NY Marriott East Side. Booked it 1 day prior to the stay for a work meeting that was taking place at the same time as a Papal visit. The city was a total circus that week...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 1:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt. Marriott. AA. National. Avis.
I think one of my new goals is to do some people watching at a 2k/night hotel NOT in a major world metro area (NYC, SF, etc). I want to know who's in Louisville (or some other smaller town), not for the derby, in summer. I want to see those people.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
I just canceled a reservation at the SHS in Bloomington IN for graduation weekend which was ~1,300/night with a two night minimum. You had to be approved by the front desk months ago, the reservation could not be made online or through the 800#. Half had to be put down with the reservation, which was refundable until Feb, and the other half paid in Feb when the reservation became non-refundable.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UAL Lifetime Gold
Last stay in Saudi Arabia at the Ritz Carlton in Riyadh was about 8k per night ... Wonderful hotel and great staff ... All jokes aside I stay there everytime I am in country.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 4getofn
Last stay in Saudi Arabia at the Ritz Carlton in Riyadh was about 8k per night ... Wonderful hotel and great staff ... All jokes aside I stay there everytime I am in country.
8K: USD or Riyals?

David
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by CJKatl
I just canceled a reservation at the SHS in Bloomington IN for graduation weekend which was ~1,300/night with a two night minimum. You had to be approved by the front desk months ago, the reservation could not be made online or through the 800#. Half had to be put down with the reservation, which was refundable until Feb, and the other half paid in Feb when the reservation became non-refundable.
Did they give you a refund, or did you eat the cost of the room?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by DELee
8K: USD or Riyals?
Current rooms look to be 2000 SAR, with 15,000 for the Royal suite, or USD$550-2300. It appears to be difficult to spend USD$8,000 per night.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Try searching for rooms in San Francisco September 23-27. Ritz Carlton is coming out at max of $6k per night. Even Courtyards are priced at over $1k per night. There is a big conference in town.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:31 am

Programs: NZ*G, QF NB, UA 1K, AA ExecPlat, IHG PlatAmb, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, ZE1 PC
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
Try searching for rooms in San Francisco September 23-27. Ritz Carlton is coming out at max of $6k per night. Even Courtyards are priced at over $1k per night. There is a big conference in town.
Dreamforce. It's 170k+ attendees.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by VA1379

Did they give you a refund, or did you eat the cost of the room?
I had until February to cancel and get a refund. I did cancel in time, but the refund has not yet posted to my account. The hotel is a great hotel and I have no doubt that the refund will eventually post. I spoke to the hotel representative personally when canceling and have no doubt that it was not an issue to cancel.

for the record, my niece is still graduating with a degree from the Jacobs school of music in flute studies. We were able to get less expensive accommodations. I have no problem with the hotel asking for so much if they are able to get so much. My niece has a scholarship and the benefactor has a place in Bloomington where we will be able to stay for free.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:00 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by ajnz

Dreamforce. It's 170k+ attendees.
I know
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For those of you FTalkers who do actually book and pay these levels of bank, if you'd deign to also take a shot of the back of the door rates and see if their upper limits actually cover your rate, that'd be cool.

Oh, and because of this thread, here's a related thread to post those shots to (just remembered because of the activity here...): Highest Back of Door Rate

David
Old Feb 15, 2018, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by gamma
Residence Inn Indianapolis Airport: $1,499.95 for a studio-sized room:

Yeah, it was Super Bowl weekend. But still.
I was at the Residence Inn on Dean Martin Drive in LV. It will be a VERY short walk to the new stadium (now a hole) so I am interested in seeing the prices for the FI, RI, and CY for home game days/weekend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.