Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Execustay experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2004, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Marriott Execustay experiences

As part of a relocation package, it looks like I will be staying at a Marriott Execustay (sp?) residence for 60 days while we search for a house.

Two questions:

1) How are they? I never knew they existed before yesterday.

2) If my company is paying the rent, can I still earn Marriott points, or does the company?

Thanks.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 9:48 am

Would you qualify for points even if you pay?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/003176.html

Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Feb 17, 2004, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks. Bummer about the points, but understood.

I understand they will be furnished apartments. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and can comment whether
-the property was clean and overall pretty "nice"
-is there cable TV in all apts? (not clear from Execustay site)
-workout facilities in most? (again, not specified)

Thanks again.

Old Feb 17, 2004, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rigmutt:
Thanks. Bummer about the points, but understood.

I understand they will be furnished apartments. Just wondering if anyone has stayed there and can comment whether
-the property was clean and overall pretty "nice"
-is there cable TV in all apts? (not clear from Execustay site)
-workout facilities in most? (again, not specified)

Thanks again.

</font>
I believe there is Cable TV however everything else will vary by what the apt complex landlord offers to all his tenants
Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:06 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
"When using ExecuStay by Marriott, every 3 nights stayed will award members 1 night toward Elite status. Earnings are limited to a maximum of 30 nights' credit per stay. Elite benefits are not available at these locations." http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi
Old Feb 17, 2004, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Old Feb 17, 2004, 6:46 pm

Even if you can earn points, it's only 2.5 points for every dollar. And I was told you can only earn a maximum of 18,000 points per stay.

I thought about this a couple of years ago. I was able to find a Springhill Suite that charges less than most Execustay apartments and I was able to earn max points and night credits.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 7:16 pm

Used it in 2001 for a few months in Bay Area. Points earned were measly, but the APT itself was quite decent, had weekly maid service. APT itself is at the "Luxury Apartment" level. Had just gotten out of college then, so my view could've been skewed.

My neighbors were mostly regular renters, but there is a good contiengency of folks like myself in the complex.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 3:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ohmark:
"When using ExecuStay by Marriott, every 3 nights stayed will award members 1 night toward Elite status. Earnings are limited to a maximum of 30 nights' credit per stay. Elite benefits are not available at these locations." http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/elite.mi</font>
I have been staying at the Marriott Mayfair Exec Apartments in Bangkok for 30 days now, I have not got any elite night stay credits and only 25% of normal points. Are there seperate rules for the UK scheme or am I being ripped off here?
Old Feb 18, 2004, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Deleted

Old Feb 18, 2004, 10:07 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by socrates:
Thanks Ohmark....I had assumed he was referring to earning MR points...which if direct billed he won't be able to earn...but yes he should at least earn stay/night credit

</font>
That indeed was my original question, because I did not realize I might earn nights towards status without earning points. This is good news...I should at least get Silver this year, even if I don't travel much otherwise.

Old Feb 19, 2004, 10:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I received 2.5 pts/dollar for two years in Execustay properties even though my company was being direct-billed for the stays. The Execustay rep was the one who actually told me how to set up a Marriott Rewards account and made sure she had my number so I'd get credit! (I was a greenbean right out of college. "Marriott Rewards"...whassat? Points for free hotel stays?!? Cool!)

I earned my first 100,000 points or so through Execustay. I was told the rate was 2.5 pts/dollar, but I never saw the bills so who knows. The number of points I earned vs. what I think the rent was makes sense for 2.5, though. I did not earn elite status from the stays.

I used Execustay in the Chicago area and in Irving, TX. In both cases, the apartment complex was nice and clean with pretty good amenities. It was the kind of place you'd look to rent if you were a single person in your 20's with your first job out of school. My company always had a bunch of the units rented through Execustay, and I'd guess other companies were in there doing the same thing. We also met quite a few folks who were "regular" renters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.