Wiki Posts
Search

Overnight at ATL airport

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2003, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Overnight at ATL airport

I need a suggestion for a quick (late arrival, early departure) stay at Hartsfield airport. Do the Fairfield or Courtyard have reliable all-hours shuttles?

Also, I thought the Renaissance was in the airport, but now understand it requires a shuttle - can someone clarify?
Old Oct 21, 2003, 10:03 am

There is no in-terminal hotel at ATL.
Old Oct 22, 2003, 1:26 pm

The Renaissance is a 5min shuttle ride from the Airport, as are either Courtyard properties. There are also Residence Inns near each of the Courtyards if not adjacent. Fairfield Inn may be a bit further away, I believe it's on Old National Highway.

The Renaissance just completed a rooms renovation project which has the place looking much more modern. I stayed there back in August and they had just finished the top 3 flrs. Therefore I figure they have worked their way down to the lowest level of floors since my stay.

Believe the shuttle from Renaissance runs every 15min, or upon demand during the late night hours.

AtlMan
Old Oct 22, 2003, 5:54 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, AtlMan. Looks like the Renaissance for me. Fortunately it's a Fall PointSaver as well, so my mileage run is still a bargain.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 1:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
The Renaissance sits on the site of the old Hartsfield terminal building (which was razed when the present facility opened).

When you land and have your luggage proceed outside (past the MARTA station) then proceed to the third row of shuttle and bus parking areas. It is marked with a very large "F". All hotel shuttles use one of the several spaces in the "F" section.

Don't be concerned about the fact that the hotel is literally adjacent to the runways - the soundproofing is excellent
Old Oct 23, 2003, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Thanks Non-NonRev. Do I need to call the hotel for pick-up (10:30 p.m. arrival)?

Congrats on your 1000th. post BTW.
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I also recommend the Renaissance and stay there occasionally. I'll be there again for 1 night early next month.

Bruce
Old Oct 23, 2003, 8:57 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bdschobel:
I also recommend the Renaissance and stay there occasionally. I'll be there again for 1 night early next month.

Bruce
</font>
Not the 10th. by any chance?
Old Oct 23, 2003, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
No, sorry.

Bruce
Old Oct 28, 2003, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
We have done many overnights at ATL, and have used priceline with great success. We have picked up a 4 star for under $50 per night. Usually the Hilton.
Old Oct 28, 2003, 12:28 pm

The Renaissance is reliable and has full services.
Old Nov 13, 2003, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Just wanted to bump this up to thank those that recommended the Renaissance - one of the nicer airport hotels I've encountered. Upgraded to executive level with lounge access on a Pointsaver award stay this week, and I'm only Silver. Nice letter from Management, etc. Unfortunately I arrived after the evening hors d'ouevres, but still managed to snag some delicious cookies after 10 p.m. Missed out on the breakfast too, due to an early departure , but I'm looking for an excuse to go back. I would have enjoyed sitting on my runway-view balcony during daylight hours.
Old Nov 19, 2003, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I've stayed at the Renaissance several times also. Very nice hotel with a great staff. Despite being right alongside the runway, the rooms are very soundproofed and you get a great view of takeoffs and landings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.