Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points + cash upgrade question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2012, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Points + cash upgrade question

Hi. I booked a junior suite at the St. Pancras Renaissance for November using points and a 120 GBP/night cash upgrade (+ 24 GBP/ night taxes). When I look at my reservation online it now notes a 205 GBP/night upgrade fee, although my total of 360 GBP is also shown (for the three nights) for what I will owe. Also the taxes went away, it says they are now included.

I am hoping since I booked this @ 120/night that there is no way they can up the charge... Anyone have any experience with this kind of situation?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 8:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Do you have documentation (printout or screen shot) that shows what you booked - ie, the 120+24? If so, that should overrule any change. Talk to Marriott ressies or if you have a problem, PM Marriott Concierge and ask for assistance. That's a 61GBP/night increase.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Sep 17, 2012 at 10:47 am Reason: fixed a typo...
Old Sep 17, 2012, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Hi. Thanks. I was hoping to hear something reassuring like that. I do have screenshots.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Zhaunk
Hi. Thanks. I was hoping to hear something reassuring like that. I do have screenshots.
Contact Marriott ressies & get them to sort it out before you head over. Mention that you've got the screenshots as verification. They should honor it & sort it out in your record. Better to do it before you go over. Also, make sure your bring the screenshots w/ you/back-up documentation when you arrive.

Given your amended reservation is showing both your original and amended upgrade fee in the same ressie, it might just be a glitch in the system.

Granted I haven't seen the junior suites at St. Pancras, but I think 205 upgrade fee is a bit much if they're changing the upgrade fee! I could see the 120 since some properties (Grosvenor Square for example) charge 75 for exec room.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.