Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Anyone else having problems booking on marriott.com today?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2003, 5:59 pm
Original Poster

I just tried booking a room on marriott.com. When the Guest Info page comes up the "Credit Card Type" select list doesn't have any choices - only "Select Credit Card". Of course, when I submit the form, the computer system cheerfully tells me that credit card type is a required field, then presents the same form again - still with no choices for the card type. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround besides calling Marriott reservations?
Old Jun 19, 2003, 5:38 pm

Programs: Star Alliance
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Factotum:
I just tried booking a room on marriott.com. When the Guest Info page comes up the "Credit Card Type" select list doesn't have any choices - only "Select Credit Card". Of course, when I submit the form, the computer system cheerfully tells me that credit card type is a required field, then presents the same form again - still with no choices for the card type. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a workaround besides calling Marriott reservations?</font>
I get this on several sites, including Marriott. In my case it is caused by a "pop-up" blocker, and almost always by Norton Internet Security, which stops the loading of the next screen. I get it trying to enter a reservation number to check on it, and it gives me the same screens over and over. Do you have any firewalls running for DSL or Cable?

------------------
Have a nice day flying United!
ChgoBob
Old Jun 19, 2003, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

I'm running the firewall that comes with Windows XP - old-fashioned dial-up connection is good enough for me - could that really be sophisticated enough to block the contents of a &lt;select&gt; list? I'm not using any pop-up blockers or anything like that.

In any event I was able to work around the problem by changing the credit card in my Marriott Rewards profile to the card I wanted to use for this particular reservation. Somehow that made the list of card companies appear when I tried the reservation again. Annoying.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.