Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ for Marriott Rewards

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2003, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

FAQ for Marriott Rewards

I tried searching for answers on this forum to whether one can get a comp to an elite level in the Rewards program if one is a UA 1k, but I couldn't find anything.

Am currently negotiating for a 100 nite/year stay at a particular Residence Inn. Any advice as to what to expect in terms of rates?

Any advice or links to more info would be greatly appreciated
Old Jun 13, 2003, 2:14 pm

There are numerous existing threads on Marriott's comp policies.

A Marriott comp is not a benefit that goes along with 1K status.
Old Jun 14, 2003, 3:26 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by UpgradeMe:
There are numerous existing threads on Marriott's comp policies.

A Marriott comp is not a benefit that goes along with 1K status.
</font>
Thanks. Is it possile to get a gold challenge WITHOUT status in another chain? I am switching from corporate housing to staying in a hotel.....

Old Jun 14, 2003, 9:26 am

In my experience you should remember that the frequent stayer program is not the only way to get the benefits you're looking for.

If indeed you're going to be staying for an extended period at a specific property, or are going to be returning to that property frequently (e.g., 4 or 5 nights a month for a year), talk to the manager (sales or general) at the particular property.

He may be able to arrange for you to get the room upgrade, or free breakfast, or whatever benefit you're looking for.

That's not to say forget the loyalty program -- try that as well -- but remember that the loyalty program is designed to encourage use of the chain; the sales/general manager is more interested in encouraging use of his property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.