Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Renaissance Boca Raton, FL - Any good?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2003, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat (2MM), DL GLD, AL GLD, SPG GLD, HY DMD, MRTT PLAT

Looking to stay with 2 year old son and wife and looking for feedback.

Old Jan 29, 2003, 10:31 am
JSD

Programs: QF P1/LTG; AA 1MM; UA 1MM
Sorry, can't help with the Boca Ren, but I did spent about 180 nights in the Boca Marriott last year (about two blocks away) if you have any questions about the general area.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Any good?
Very good.
I stay there frequently, as recently as last week. It was converted from a Sheraton about a year and a half or two years ago and was heavily renovated at that time. The pool area is as pleasant as you will find in a non-resort hotel, the common areas very inviting, and the exercise room is better than average.
The club is very inviting, but only has service during the week. Since it is left open on the weekends, you can always go in to watch the giant TVs or use the internet-enabled computer. There is no high-speed access available in the rooms as of yet.
The only sticking point is the restaurant. It is called Porter's Steakhouse and apparently is one of a chain that has pretensions that border on delusions of grandeur. The menu was upper end red meat joint with prices to match but the food was atrocious and the portions were minuscule compared to those served in the league that this one aspires to join but will never be able to compete in. If this is what you want, Morton's is just down the road, along with some other really good places in the nearby Boca Center or over at Mizner Park.
You will like this place.
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
apologies for digging up an extremely old thread....will be staying here in a few weeks....anyone stayed here recently????what benefits can i expect as a plat????
Old Mar 28, 2012, 2:23 pm

Any updates?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Platinum,Marriott Silver,Hilton Honors Gold
I much prefer the Marriott Boca over the Renaissance for many reasons, but most of all, the buffet breakfast at the Marriott is on a par with a Ritz Carlton. The Renaissance buffet breakfast in their restaurant is a third the size and appears to be a very half hearted effort.

Worldspan
Old Mar 29, 2012, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by worldspan
I much prefer the Marriott Boca over the Renaissance for many reasons, but most of all, the buffet breakfast at the Marriott is on a par with a Ritz Carlton. The Renaissance buffet breakfast in their restaurant is a third the size and appears to be a very half hearted effort.

Worldspan

Thanks - Marriott it shall be!
Old Oct 16, 2013, 3:52 pm
Used to be bulldoggolfer05

Programs: HGP DMD, HHonors DMD, SPG PLT, MR PLT
I am at the Renaissance Boca Raton at the moment and as always, the staff is great, but everything else is just very mediocre.

Rooms are still dated, and the toilet (at least in the "Executive Suites" that I have always been upgraded to) looks like something that would be located in the public facilities on the beach. At least this time there isn't a large broken piece of glass underneath the desk ^.

The Concierge Lounge offerings this evening were some of the weakest that I have seen in a very long time . The hot offering was some lukewarm and low quality "mozzarella sticks" (the microwaveable kind that uses processed fake cheese and not real mozzarella) with marinara. Then there were a few veggies, a small plate of crackers, a large plate of cheese (one kind), and a bowl of fruit cocktail.

That said, one interesting thing to note is that this property still offers the choice of 500 points or a Food and Beverage amenity NOT the $10 Credit. When I mentioned at check-in that it had been a long time since I had seen one of the amenity cards, the manager and front desk agent both seemed clueless that Marriott had even rolled out a new way of handling the amenity.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
The room remodel they just completed is awful. I liked the old rooms well enough; they took out large L shaped marble top desks from the Executive Suite (barely a junior suite); and replaced it with a 24"Bakelite shelf right against the wall. Can't work and eat, work and watch TV, or eat sitting up and watch tv. Only can eat and stare at the wall 24" away.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:01 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Although I usually like Renaissance properties, I highly recommend the Wyndham accross the street, if only for its amazing restaurant, Farmer's Table for both the food and outdoor ambience. The rooms there usually come with free made to order full breakfast from the restaurant menu which is miles above the typical Marriott buffet or concierge lounge offering.

Make sure you ask for a room on a high floor overlooking the pool. The ground floor rooms with outside entrances are quite musty.
Intl359Widget likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 11:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by beachfan
The room remodel they just completed is awful. I liked the old rooms well enough; they took out large L shaped marble top desks from the Executive Suite (barely a junior suite); and replaced it with a 24"Bakelite shelf right against the wall. Can't work and eat, work and watch TV, or eat sitting up and watch tv. Only can eat and stare at the wall 24" away.
Sounds like they went with the new 'millinenial' room type. Should probably add it to the sticky that says property w/ no desks.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.