Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points on Marriott Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2002, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Points on Marriott Visa

I am planning a conference for about 160 room nights. If I get a Marriott Visa card and charge the meals for the attendees along with my employee's rooms, will I get the 3 points per dollar or simply 1? It is, afterall, a Marriott related expense.

Anyone have experience with this type of thing?
Old Jun 25, 2002, 3:41 pm

dingo, my experience suggests that any time you use your card, to the maximum amounts of your limit, you will get 3 pts. extra per dollar spent. in addition, if it is silver, or higher, you get extra points. even if you are extended over your limit, prepay your credit card so you can charge more to it for the maximum benefits.

good luck
Old Jun 25, 2002, 8:31 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
Why not simply apply for a higher limit or no limit?
Old Jun 26, 2002, 11:21 am

Hi dingo,

I've done this many times, and you will get 3 points per dollar. It certainly adds up! (Don't forget to ask for your meeting planner points, too.)

-Paul
Old Jun 26, 2002, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Thanks Paul. We've already got the 100k meeting points and are splitting them between myself and my meeting planner. Little extra incentive for both of us!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.