Wiki Posts
Search

Cat4 reward cert transferable?

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2002, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AB, AC, AD, AE, AF, AG... you get the picture
Cat4 reward cert transferable?

I booked a room at the SFO Marriott in July for my mother to overnite at while she transits SFO. Whe I booked on the MR website, there was no mention that reward rooms could not be booked for family members. So, I made the reservation (reward specific) but the room is in her name.

I received the Cat4 certificate and lo and behold - it sez the magic words Participant (Non-Transferable).

Is this for real??? If so, why did the website allow me to book the room (as a reward room) and why is there NO mention of this on the MR website... if I have to recredit the points and mum has to pay for a room, i'm going to be seriously cheezed.

Help? thanks!

[This message has been edited by Fermat (edited 05-14-2002).]
Old May 14, 2002, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
Check this out:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum63/HTML/001705.html

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.