Wiki Posts
Search

2nd. "Kids" room in London

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2002, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, AA 2MM Platinum
2nd. "Kids" room in London

Stayed at the LHR Renaissance this past winter and found a wonderful deal. I realize this is late word and could have changed by now but, we found a "Kids Room" rate of only 10 pounds ($15 US)for a second adjoining room when first room booked on a weekend stay rate. Decent hotel, right across from airport, nice rest., no pool and rate include full English breakfast!
Old Mar 25, 2002, 9:54 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Really? I've stayed at this hotel on business before and it would be perfect for last night of an upcoming trip with family. (Picture 10 year-old with airport-view room.) However, I had ruled it out due to the very small rooms. Your info would solve my problem, as I wasn't looking forward to getting to the airport from downtown for a morning flight with family and luggage.

How did you book this rate? I called 800 number and they know nothing about it.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Simply found it hunting the rates on the Marriott web site. Give it a try. Room was small but perfect as we had one king and an adjoining room with two singles. Kids loved it as they did not need to share a bed! Good luck.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

YYZFlyer, we did just that, first two nights and last night of 8 day trip. Excellent to reduce the stress of early retuirn flight and arriving after all night flight.
Old Mar 25, 2002, 10:17 pm

Found it! It's 20GBP now, which coupled with the 70GBP rate for the primary room is a reasonable deal. Thanks for tip.
Old Mar 26, 2002, 11:16 am

Do any other Marriott properties do this? Is there a central clearinghouse where you can find out which ones?
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by megadoo1:
Do any other Marriott properties do this? Is there a central clearinghouse where you can find out which ones?</font>
Megadoo1, I found this only by looking at the exact dates and location I wented on the Marriott web site. I think it is clearly a site promotion, however I do recall a few others in England having something like this, but just not as low in price? Good luck.

[This message has been edited by ORDNorth (edited 03-26-2002).]
Old Mar 26, 2002, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
Found it! It's 20GBP now, which coupled with the 70GBP rate for the primary room is a reasonable deal. Thanks for tip.</font>
Do yourself one favor if staying at this property, DO NOT park in any unassigned parking area, even if the bellman directs you too. I was "booted" (clamp placed on tire, making car undriveable) while checking in, as the car sat in the area near the door that I was directed to by the bellman. The repr. from the outside security firm that did this(who works on a commission),advised it was a $75 approx. charge to be released. I did object on the grounds that the hotel bellmen directed me to this spot for temp. parking and he then agreed to "free the car" at no charge. Watch out for this in many areas around London as well!!!
Old Mar 26, 2002, 8:03 pm

I'm too chicken to try driving in England. I have enough trouble crossing the streets. You know, "Look Right, Run Like H***".
Old Mar 26, 2002, 8:21 pm

ORDNorth:

Did you have dinner at or near the hotel during any of your nights there? I've had breakfast there several times, but no other meals. They're offering a rate that includes breakfast AND dinner plus the kids room for a reasonable rate. I wasn't paying, but remember the breakfast was very expensive - assume dinner would be as well.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 6:39 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
ORDNorth:

Did you have dinner at or near the hotel during any of your nights there? I've had breakfast there several times, but no other meals. They're offering a rate that includes breakfast AND dinner plus the kids room for a reasonable rate. I wasn't paying, but remember the breakfast was very expensive - assume dinner would be as well.
</font>
We did not have the dinner service ever. Great full English buffet, with order as you wish eggs, etc.... We were always out running around someplace during the day and had no idea of our return time, so dinner at the hotel would have been a gamble. Based on the morning service, I am sure the dinners would be very good, if they work into your daily planning. The Marriott not far down the road does have a pool that you allowed to use as a Renn. guest, however they have very restrictive hours that children are alloweed in as they also sell it as an adult health cleb, FYI.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 6:40 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORDNorth:
We did not have the dinner service ever. Great full English buffet, with order as you wish eggs, etc.... We were always out running around someplace during the day and had no idea of our return time, so dinner at the hotel would have been a gamble. Based on the morning service, I am sure the dinners would be very good, if they work into your daily planning. The Marriott not far down the road does have a pool that you allowed to use as a Renn. guest, however they have very restrictive hours that children are allowed in as they also sell it as an adult health cleb, FYI.</font>
Old Mar 27, 2002, 6:41 am
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ORDNorth:
</font>
Ops...
Old Mar 27, 2002, 6:43 am
Original Poster

We did not have the dinner service ever. Great full English buffet, with order as you wish eggs, etc.... We were always out running around someplace during the day and had no idea of our return time, so dinner at the hotel would have been a gamble. Based on the morning service, I am sure the dinners would be very good, if they work into your daily planning. The Marriott not far down the road does have a pool that you allowed to use as a Renn. guest, however they have very restrictive hours that children are allowed in as they also sell it as an adult health club, FYI.</font>

Old Mar 27, 2002, 11:13 am

ORDNorth: Thanks for the info. I've got a couple of other questions relating to England trip with the family. Rather than tie up the board resources, can I email you directly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.