Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Suite Upgrades Now Benefit for Platinum Members in Asia Pacific

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Suite Upgrades Now Benefit for Platinum Members in Asia Pacific

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by ohmark
Still don't understand how this is different from worldwide Marriott policy on plat/gold elite upgrades. As has been discussed in various threads here, Marriott, a few months ago, changed the wording of the upgrade policy so that the suites exclusion language was eliminated along with the language limiting upgrades to one step. So, as I understand it, both in Asia/Pacific, and everywhere else, suites upgrades are possible based on availability, but not guaranteed.
IMHO previously it was "voluntary" now it is a benefit. As long as your stay is 3 days or less, the suite is available at the time of check in, and it is not one of the three excluded suite categories, the property should upgrade you.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by holtju2
IMHO previously it was "voluntary" now it is a benefit. As long as your stay is 3 days or less, the suite is available at the time of check in, and it is not one of the three excluded suite categories, the property should upgrade you.
The Asia/Pacific suite upgrade benefit explicitly states that it is based on "availability." Once more, as always, the hotel determines when a suite is available.
So, room upgrades are a benefit at all FS properties. Suites are no longer excluded, Asia/Pacific or anywhere else. And whether a suite is available for upgrade is determined by the property, whether Asia/Pacific or anywhere else. This may, indeed, be a new special benefit for Asia/Pacific properties. Or it may be promotional smoke and mirrors.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by ohmark
The Asia/Pacific suite upgrade benefit explicitly states that it is based on "availability." Once more, as always, the hotel determines when a suite is available.
So, room upgrades are a benefit at all FS properties. Suites are no longer excluded, Asia/Pacific or anywhere else. And whether a suite is available for upgrade is determined by the property, whether Asia/Pacific or anywhere else. This may, indeed, be a new special benefit for Asia/Pacific properties. Or it may be promotional smoke and mirrors.
Previously:
Worldwide - upgrade to next cat. if avaliable / hotel's option to upgrade to suite if available

Now:
Worldwide (exclude Asia Pacific) - no change
Asia Pacific - upgrade to suite if available / upgrade to next cat. if available

So nothing is guaranteed, but indeed something new for AP.
Old Aug 9, 2012, 5:25 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I just got a suite upgrade at the JWM Shanghai for a two-night stay. Suite!
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by Flyer888
Previously:
Worldwide - upgrade to next cat. if avaliable / hotel's option to upgrade to suite if available

Now:
Worldwide (exclude Asia Pacific) - no change
Asia Pacific - upgrade to suite if available / upgrade to next cat. if available

So nothing is guaranteed, but indeed something new for AP.
Thanks, but this is incorrect. As I posted above, what you say is the worldwide "previous rule", changed months ago. As I posted above, the "next category" upgrade language was eliminated a couple of months ago, as to all full service properties, world-wide. See post #15 above. http://www.marriott.com/rewards/memb...ts/platinum.mi

Last edited by ohmark; Aug 9, 2012 at 9:42 am
Old Aug 9, 2012, 6:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
there ya go.......new perk for plats in asia scores a winner............

if you haven't been up to the library yet, have someone unlock the "secret" door - great view at night..........

Originally Posted by wxguy
I just got a suite upgrade at the JWM Shanghai for a two-night stay. Suite!
Old Aug 10, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
there ya go.......new perk for plats in asia scores a winner............

if you haven't been up to the library yet, have someone unlock the "secret" door - great view at night..........
Oh yeah, been there! Love the CL at the JWM Shanghai. Tomorrow I'm off to the JWM in BKK, we'll see what the suite Gods can do! It's a 5-night stay, so I don't have my hopes up. Maybe one of the nice corner rooms thought.
Old Aug 10, 2012, 3:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
you're coming into BKK during a long holiday weekend..............

Originally Posted by wxguy
Oh yeah, been there! Love the CL at the JWM Shanghai. Tomorrow I'm off to the JWM in BKK, we'll see what the suite Gods can do! It's a 5-night stay, so I don't have my hopes up. Maybe one of the nice corner rooms thought.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 10:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any list of participating hotels to be found?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Suite upgrades for Plats in Asia - "new" policy

A FTer sent me this info:

https://www.marriott.com/hotel-promo...ite-upgrade.mi

Terms and Conditions

* Complimentary suite upgrades are subject to availability for Platinum Elite members staying at participating hotels located in Asia Pacific.

* Participating hotel brands in Asia Pacific include: JW Marriott® Hotels & Resorts, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels & Resorts and Courtyard by Marriott® Hotels. Hotel locations in Asia Pacific include: Australia, China (including Hong Kong S.A.R.), Guam, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand and Vietnam. In Japan and South Korea, suite upgrades may be limited and may be offered at the hotel's discretion.

*Complimentary Suite Upgrade: Generally, based on availability at check-in; in some cases, availability is determined later in the day. Limited to a Member’s personal guestroom. Upgrades include most available suite types, except Presidential Suites, Chairman Suites and other signature suites. For stays greater than 3 nights, suite upgrades are subject to the hotel’s discretion.

Rewards Program Terms and Conditions apply.

He said he's in a full suite at Rayong right now & his stay for Phuket Ren has been upgraded to private pool villa already.

Maybe this thread can be one of which properties are offering the upgrades.

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Marriott Bonfire Titanium, Hilton Gold, United Premier Silver, Hertz PC
This is outstanding! Other than 3+ night discretion and suite size limitations, whats the catch? Could this be a true enhancement? This year I was 1 for 3 on suites in asia (although the 1 suite was a "presidential" in Thailand and more than made up for the 1 corner room upgrade in BKK, and the no upgrade in HKG)

Last edited by mapelle621; Nov 19, 2014 at 11:34 am Reason: typo
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I'm confused. I though this was the policy dating back more than a year ago. If something changed, what is it?

Billy
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Delta3MM
I'm confused. I though this was the policy dating back more than a year ago. If something changed, what is it?

Billy
+1.. i thought this was the policy for more than a year... same 3+ night discretions...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I wasn't sure if it was new or not, as I hadn't seen it on Marriott's website & it's limited to Asia & Plats only, which is different than regular upgrade terminology on Marriott's website. Hence my putting "new" around it when I got the heads up from a fellow FTer. Perhaps it should have been "new" with a "?"

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 1:48 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...a-pacific.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.