Wiki Posts
Search

Do awards for suites exist?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2002, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Do awards for suites exist?

Hello,

Is there any award that lets you get a guaranteed "preferred-view" or suite at any property right off the bat?

I am aware that upgrade awards do exist for select hotels, but only in conjunction with certain award codes.

I also know about making UG requests if you're an elite member, but only subject to room availability at the time of check-in.

Any help appreciated.

Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:55 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Sorry, but I ave been HGA member for many years and I am not aware of any 'Suite Award'
Old Jan 8, 2002, 9:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2 Million-miler , SPG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Sorry, but I have been HGA member for many years and I am not aware of any 'Suite Award'
Old Jan 9, 2002, 2:18 pm
GG

Back before Time Was (like in the mid-80's), there actually were suite awards, but it's been a lo-o-o-ng time...

We have successfully parlayed 2 awards per night (or 1 award/1 paid room) into a suite on any number of occasions, but it does depend on the property, and I'm sure that being Platinum - and a several times repeat customer - has been a factor for us in some of our cooler upgrades. The only thing I can suggest is to contact the particular property directly and see what they say. Even then, it may not be 100% certain, but it'll give you a better idea of your possibilities.

As you may know, the property gets credit for a fairly decent rate for those award room nights, so it's worth asking. Good luck!

------------------
The Delta Flyers' Guide
Old Jan 9, 2002, 3:54 pm

How about a Marriott Vacation Club (the timeshare division) award? There are specific 1BR and 2BR suite awards. Many of the Vacation Club resorts are located on the same property as Marriott hotels (e.g., Kauai, Aruba, Orlando (World Center ones), Palm Desert); and even those not located on the same property as the regular hotel are wonderful resorts in popular areas. In fact, you may like the added benefit of having full or partial kitchens, along with jacuzis (some) and washer/dryer (some) in your suites.

[This message has been edited by Scotch (edited 01-09-2002).]
Old Jan 20, 2002, 1:17 pm
TUFBEAR

Marriott London County Hall offers a view of their courtyard using MR points. A river view (Big Ben)is offered @ an "additional" 20 pounds. This is just one example, don't know of any others.

Old Jan 20, 2002, 1:32 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntamayo:
Hello,
I have been an HGA award (silver) for many many years, and have yet to see thaqt kind of guarantee. However, it has been my experience that if you require or would like a special kind of room, write or email a letter directly to the hotel or resort manager, let him/her know your interests/desires etc. and keep in touch. Chances are that if there is space available for you, it should be dealt with.

Good luck !!!

Is there any award that lets you get a guaranteed "preferred-view" or suite at any property right off the bat?

I am aware that upgrade awards do exist for select hotels, but only in conjunction with certain award codes.

I also know about making UG requests if you're an elite member, but only subject to room availability at the time of check-in.

Any help appreciated.

</font>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.