Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

How often do comforters get changed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2001, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Hello,

I have a housekeeping question.

Does anyone know how often comforters get changed out and cleaned?

I've been told that the comforters are changed out only yearly or monthly, driving me to the routine of removing them every night of my stay.

Continuing this reasoning, if I request a new comforter from the front desk, what the chance of it being an truly clean one?

Also, would each hotel in the Marriott chain have their own policy regarding the cleaning of comforters?

Am I a little too paranoid, or is there any truth to this.? Any feedback appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2001, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA- Lifetime Platinum; Marriott - Lifetime Platinum: Starwood - Gold; IHG - Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntamayo:
Hello,
Am I a little too paranoid, or is there any truth to this.? Any feedback appreciated.
</font>
I don't think you are paranoid at all. Ever since that 20/20 exposee (Was that the show?) I have been concerned. I don't go as far as to have it removed, but I don't sit or lie on it.

It would be terrific if there were a standard policy about truly keeping them clean.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 2:38 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
I worked as an intern at the Tokyo property. Plus, I learned a bit about this stuff in school.

Usually, most hotels turn beds quarterly, where the comforters and the blankets are changed. But, some hotels like to neglect this, and they only do it twice a year. I doubt if this is any different with the super luxury hotels.

Don't even bother asking the front desk to have your comforter changed. They have already scheduled when to do it, unless there's a major problem with a particular comforter that requires immediate attention.

As for paranoia, make sure that your body parts are always in contact with the SHEETS. Unless the hotel has comforters/blankets that use comforter/blanket covers (so they can launder the covers daily), then chances are that they're not clean.

While I'm on this housekeeping topic, I should add that the coffee makers are probably dirty as h*ll too. Wash it if you absolutely have to use it.

Hope this helped.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.