Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

It takes 50 nites for Gold status at Marriott

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

It takes 50 nites for Gold status at Marriott

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2001, 5:20 am

Location: The forest (Wabbits & More Hunter+; Mileage Wuss Wabbit 1; Wabbit Inn "fur hat" elite)
ROADRUNNER:

I just want to share the wealth with the community .. don't you?

Did you ever eat at "The Trough"? It's the 4-star restaurant at the Wabbit Inn in Barstow according to The Bovine Travel Guide. I heard that you need to get there at 11:30 because that's when they put out the good stuff before the hoards arrive. I also heard that "Fur Hats" get 10,000 bonus points just for lunch and also a free cloth napkin!!! (That's better than HH and Marriott and SPG, but not as good as the Six Continents Club!!!)

Wabbit Inn Rocks!

If you need the 800 number and the promo code for the free offer to "raccoon level", send me an email.

Thanks,
PP
Old Feb 16, 2001, 6:44 am
DOC 2 BE

Porky --

I love it!!!!!

Two observations, though.

1). The people from PETA are going to get you if you persist with these rewards levels; and

2). And there is that classic WB cartoon where Elmer Fudd is alternatley hunting both Daffy and Bugs, and then they turn the tables on him and it ends with them in his hunting gear saying, "Shhhhhhh! we're hunting Elmers."

Watch out the NRA may try to turn the tables on you, and put YOU on the dinner table!!

Old Feb 16, 2001, 9:00 pm
Original Poster

Location: WILD ANIMAL PARK (SAN), CA> GOLD-CO, MARRIOTT, HH, STARWOOD, HYATT,
The 'PIG' part was the give away!

I think you should start a School for others who want to be the best 'PIG' they can be!
Old Feb 18, 2001, 3:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, US Air Silver
I am a very happy Platinum member with Marriott, but since I fulfilled my Mega Bonus requirement with a couple of days left in February I went sniffing around some of the other hotel programs. What I found was incredible at Hilton Honors. They have a promotion going on that sign up expires on Feb 28. They will make you Gold immediately, even if you just signed up today, and allow you to earn 50,000 bonus points for your first four stays. To find out all of the details go to the Hilton thread. It is plastered all over.

Also reading some of the complaining about how their Gold Level is being diluted by this promotion makes me feel even more smug concerning my Marriott relationship.

Hope this helps any Gold Prospectors !!
Old Feb 21, 2001, 10:27 am

Location: Seattle, WA Million Mile 1k, Lifetime Platinum Marriott, etc.,etc.
Are you really loyal to Marriott if you are staying at Hilton, Hyatt and Starwood hotels? Isn't that like saying that you're a devoted and loving spouse, but only when your around you other half?

If you stay enough nights in the other chains to achieve elite status you can certainly spend those same nights in a Marriott properties. By doing that, certainly, you'd achieve a status that you feel has just rewards.

[This message has been edited by fishing flyer (edited 02-21-2001).]
Old Feb 21, 2001, 9:04 pm

Location: The forest (Wabbits & More Hunter+; Mileage Wuss Wabbit 1; Wabbit Inn "fur hat" elite)
jdw7319:

Thanks for your really useful post. I don't think anybody here knew about that.

However, you are quite wrong. You are much better off going for Wabbit Inn's "fur hat" elite level, which is much better than HHonors, Marriott and Preferred Guest, but in a couple of ways is not as good as the Six Continents Club.

email me if you need the phone number or the promotional code for the Wabbit Inn. Have you ever stayed there?

Incidentally, the Wabbit Inn has extra special rates for you at the Wabbit Inn in Hanibal, MO. Basically, you can get a Davey Crocket level room for $12.98 and get 10,000 bonus points! Make sure you book early because the Inn fills up whenever the Hanibal Canibals are playing a home game.

PP

Old Mar 8, 2001, 11:42 am
pjs

Just wanted to let those interested know that the 12 nights in 3 months offer for Gold status worked. I called this week, and even though I am in the middle of a stay that gives me my 12th night, the supervisor went ahead and updated my status. When I checked online today, I am now gold.
Old Mar 8, 2001, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

I just called and that GOLD upgrade is based on 12 nites in 3 months into the future, if you are not there at this time.
You were lucky, that when you called you were at the threshold of 12 nites. They are not so accomodating as you might think!

Even with all my stays and 1.2 million points total, they wanted me to have 12 more nites in 3 months for an upgrade. I stayed 10 nites in BKK over the Holidays, but 7 were on an award. I am using up my points, so that I can break the cord with Marriott's indifference. Apparently, I am not so important to them these days.

Old Mar 9, 2001, 12:22 pm
Original Member

Originally posted by ROADRUNNER:
I have Gold status with HYATT, Hilton, and Starwood with next to NO stays.
Yes, but do you think that these chains will keep comping Gold level year after year?

Come on, 12 nights is not a lot. If you were a frequent guest whose business they are seeking, you could knock that off in no time.

I'll admit that I get Gold status every year at Hilton just by staying the minimum number of nights for each of their promotions and then they automatically comp me. If they took my status away, I don't blame them one bit.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Tino,
So far all except Marriott have sent me Gold cards for the year!

I had 27 nites at Marriott last year. At Silver level, they were all ordinary, like a walk-in would get!

The bottom line is, there is no loyalty from Marriott for loyalty.
Old Mar 9, 2001, 4:08 pm

Virtual blank stares and "gufaws" were all I recieved from guest services when I initially asked about the 12 nights in 3 months. I finally worked up to a supervisor who did acknowledge the program, but said it was only used to help accelerate Gold obtainment for those Silver members who had recently slipped from Gold. It would not apply to my situation.

Friendly folk, however, in that guest services group.
Old Mar 10, 2001, 3:13 am

Originally posted by pjs:
Just wanted to let those interested know that the 12 nights in 3 months offer for Gold status worked. I called this week, and even though I am in the middle of a stay that gives me my 12th night, the supervisor went ahead and updated my status. When I checked online today, I am now gold.
Wait a minute here... Marriott.... posted same MONTH! let alone posted same day! this is not possible. They have to have the WORST IS dept in the business. Stays not posted, no access to profiles from hotels,lost records..... and your staus was posted the same day, impossible sir....

Old Mar 13, 2001, 6:31 am
pjs

I was surprised too, but I'm telling you, the status change posted same day. They also have been much better lately about posting weekly stays in a timely fashion.
Old Mar 15, 2001, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

I have to say, that Marriott has come through and made my day!
Old Mar 16, 2001, 7:47 am
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
I too often fail to get the required 50 nights, but almost always get access to concierge lounge at check in. Just ask the front desk at check in. I am nearly 100% on getting access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.