Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum Guarantee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2000, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Platinum Guarantee

What rate does a Courtyard charge when you ask for the Platinum Roon Guarantee?

Has anybody used this?

Just curious
Old Aug 18, 2000, 5:23 pm

They charge absolute top dollar.

They figure if you need the room, you'll pay for it.

I've seen rooms with a rack rate of $110 go for double that. After all, they stand a good chance of having to walk another customer. You are mearly financing that exercise!
Old Aug 18, 2000, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Just as I thought. . . . you would have to be pretty needy to use that guarantee
Old Nov 6, 2000, 9:40 pm
Original Poster

I have been extremely pleased with the Platinum Guarantee as I have had to use it for my last 6 or 7 stays at both Marriott's and Courtyards. What surprised me the most though was NOT being charged a high rate, but a rate that I normally would have paid.

I have being surprised at some Courtyard's because I could get the guarantee - I wonder if they only allow so many platinum to use the guarantee. All in all I am glad that I can get locations that work well for me
Old Nov 7, 2000, 4:27 pm

Programs: Northwest-millionair; Marriott, lifetime gold
I have used the guarantee only a few times, and in each instance paid no more than the corporate rate.
Old Nov 8, 2000, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally posted by Phil:
I have used the guarantee only a few times, and in each instance paid no more than the corporate rate.
Exactly - for me this guarantee is the best part of the Reward program!!

Old Nov 8, 2000, 7:49 pm
dg1

Yes, the guarantee gives you either the corporate or rack rate. Corporate rate isn't too bad normally... IN the one case where I had to use it it was $10 more than my company's negotiated rate, and after some sweet talking at the front desk they only charged me the company rate anyway.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.