Search

Marriott Albany NY

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2000, 5:21 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
Marriott Albany NY

Will be in town to see Tina Turner. Is this a decent property?
Old Jul 29, 2000, 8:54 pm

Yes, I was there twice last year and would recommend it for anyone in the area. It is centrally located on Wolf Rd. near a good deal of shopping and rest'. The hotel itself was nice with friendly staff and a decent lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2000, 12:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The Marriott there is fine, but the bar is a bit expensive. <g> There's a Courtyard directly across the street if you want something less expensive.

I'm usually there a few nights per year. I would be there for Tina Turner show also, but I have Steelers game in Pittsburgh the next day.
Old Jul 30, 2000, 3:53 pm
Original Member

Programs: Hilton - Diamond, IHG - Platinum
I was there a couple of weeks ago. The room was fine, but I took my wife and sister to breakfast the next morning and the bill for three of us with tip was over $45.00

I have stayed at the Hilton Garden Airport property about 1 1/2 miles down the road several times. The rooms are as nice if not nicer and included a free cooked breakfast for a little less than the Marriott rate.

Tina should be great - but I wish I could get tickets for the Neil Young concert in Saratoga coming up!

Larry
Old Jul 31, 2000, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
I've stayed there a few times, once last year, but it made almost no impression on me. The location is good, near the airport.

Bruce
Old Aug 1, 2000, 10:58 am

I live just outside Albany, and the Marriott is simply par for the course. Nothing overly great about it, but an OK Hotel. There are a lot of good restaurants real close and a mall less than a mile away if you need to shop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.