Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 9, 2018, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hhoope01
This thread refers to the various Marriott brands within a specific geographic area. Marriott Bonvoy hotels in XX usually have posts asking which property is better, etc. Trip reports are usually better suited in the property specific threads.
Print Wikipost

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in or near Boston, MA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
I'm also considering the Marriott Copley Place for a weekend stay, but the website is telling me the lounge is closed and no breakfast but 1000 pts instead? Has anyone been able to get them to provide breakfast for Plats for weekend stays (not interested in the points compensation)?
So is it still the case that Marriott Copley Place only gives 1,000 points for weekend breakfasts? Does it open for food Sunday nights? Is it also closed for food on Friday nights? I am there next week including the weekend (or the weekend prior to Thanksgiving).

I would also like to know what Uber charges to go from Logan to Marriott Copley Place.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Xeno
So is it still the case that Marriott Copley Place only gives 1,000 points for weekend breakfasts? Does it open for food Sunday nights? Is it also closed for food on Friday nights? I am there next week including the weekend (or the weekend prior to Thanksgiving).
Copley Place is still on the list for the 1,000 pts instead of breakfast on Sat & Sun. So expect the exec lounge to shut down Friday after breakfast & open Sunday night.

Cheers.
Xeno likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 9:52 am

Thanks for the warning about meals.

I called the Boston Marriott Copley Place about transportation from the airport and they said the Silver Line bus would not work very well but the $7.50 Logan Express would do nicely. Apparently this is a huge blue bus that runs every 20 minutes and one stop off place is Copley facing the Westin connected to the Marriott.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 12:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium

I called the Boston Marriott Copley Place about transportation from the airport and they said the Silver Line bus would not work very well but the $7.50 Logan Express would do nicely. Apparently this is a huge blue bus that runs every 20 minutes and one stop off place is Copley facing the Westin connected to the Marriott.
Good to know - thanks for the heads up.

Cheers.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 4:41 pm

I have an 8:30 am departure Monday morning out of Logan. What time must I leave the Boston Marriott Copley Place to make it to my departure gate in A terminal? I plan to use Lyft or Uber and I have TSA PreCheck, but there is no CLEAR at Logan.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
If you leave at 7, you'll be fine. I live less than a mile from there and leave 90 minutes before my flight all the time without issues.
Xeno likes this.

Last edited by LoganFlyer; Nov 20, 2017 at 11:11 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:44 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
I have an 8:30 am departure Monday morning out of Logan. What time must I leave the Boston Marriott Copley Place to make it to my departure gate in A terminal? I plan to use Lyft or Uber and I have TSA PreCheck, but there is no CLEAR at Logan.
If you're not averse to buses, consider the Logan Express as well. I'm not sure how much it costs now, but it should be a lot cheaper than an Uber/Lyft (especially if you have a Charlie Card), and the buses can use lanes that are off-limits to other cars to avoid a couple choke points for traffic. It's about a block/block and a half walk to the bus from that Marriott.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 10:01 am

Thanks, but I myself made mention of Logan Express upthread.

I was trying to thread a nettle, but I ate too much last night and did not sleep well so I just used Uber after Lyft could not get the correct address after two phone calls.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Marriott Long Wharf is currently undergoing major renovations. It's quite noisy during the day. The lounge is closed. I was offered 2k points or breakfast in the restaurant.

Last night, a stack of drywall fell over and the dust caused the fire alarm to go off. A good bit of the building was evacuated.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 10:09 am

Thanks, but I myself made mention of Logan Express upthread.

I was trying to thread a nettle, but I ate too much last night and did not sleep well so I just used Uber after Lyft could not get the correct address after two phone calls.
FYI, if you show a CharlieCard (Boston subway fare card) the Logan Express is only $3. It used to be free, but it looks like they did away with that. It's a good option, only downside is a few annoying points on the Mass Pike where it may get stuck in traffic for a short distance as it heads for the Uturn back towards the airport.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75
The lounge is closed. I was offered 2k points or breakfast in the restaurant.
I see the lounge is closed until May so they can install a new M Club, is brekkie in the restaurant or 2k points the standard offering these next few months? How was the restaurant breakfast? Just a few pastries and other cold stuff or full breakfast / omellete bar etc? I will be staying in Boston at the end of Feb and breakfast is the deciding factor at this point on where I stay. Long Wharf was a no brainer until i saw the message about the lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 7:53 am

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
It's a full breakfast with different hot items each day in addition to the standard continental stuff, and an omelette chef who will whip up anything you request.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Where to Stay

I'd love some advice on where to stay. It's our first time really visiting Boston, my wife and will be there for a few days this summer as tourists. I'll be using Marriott points, and I'm a Gold. Based on TripAdvisor and location, I'm considering the following locations (although open to others if I missed something):

Boston Marriott Long Wharf (Cat 9)
The Envoy Hotel/ Autograph Collection (Cat 9)
Residence Inn Boston Harbor on Tudor Wharf (Cat 8)
Residence Inn Boston Downtown/ Seaport (Cat 8)on Marriott
Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel (Cat 8)

And then if I wanted to really save points, I was looking at these 2 options:

Boston Marriott Quincy (Cat 6)- about 10 or so miles away from Boston proper
Courtyard Boston- South Boston (Cat 6)- the reviews aren't that great, and it's about 2 miles away from where we want to be

Anyone have any preferences? Is it worth splurging for the Boston Marriott Long Wharf?
Old Mar 7, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
For first-time tourists, I would not recommend the Quincy or south Boston Courtyard. Any of the others will be reasonably walkable to the main things you'll want to see. I do think the Long Wharf is worth the points splurge, and would strongly recommend it over the Envoy for the same number of points. Among the Cat 8 properties, I highly recommend the Renaissance.

Did you look at the Ritz-Carlton? I'm sure it's even more points, but also has a great location and the superlative Ritz service.
Old Mar 7, 2018, 9:34 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
For first-time tourists, I would not recommend the Quincy or south Boston Courtyard. Any of the others will be reasonably walkable to the main things you'll want to see. I do think the Long Wharf is worth the points splurge, and would strongly recommend it over the Envoy for the same number of points. Among the Cat 8 properties, I highly recommend the Renaissance.

Did you look at the Ritz-Carlton? I'm sure it's even more points, but also has a great location and the superlative Ritz service.
Thanks. That's very helpful! I did look at the Ritz, however for the number of nights we're staying, I felt the point differential was too great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.