Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the "guest of the day"?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2012, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Presidents Club
Never the GOTD

No matter how many times I've stayed at a property, and despite being Platinum, I have yet to achieve "coveted" GOTD status. From what I can tell, they pick the guest with the shortest last name ("J. Woo") because it's too hard to spell out long names on those felt boards with the individual plastic letters. Since I have 11 letters in my last name, I'm a perpetual loser at that game.
Old Jul 3, 2012, 9:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I have a really short last name, but I never expect to get this. Why? I book at least a third of my reservations at the last moment (within 24 hours of checking in but in some cases only 20 minutes before midnight of the check in day).
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
I got it at a FI once and the first thing I thought was ughhh how embarrassing as now everyone that sees this knows I've stooped to staying at a FI
Old Jul 4, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Originally Posted by inY
I'm amused by the notion that housekeeping decides who to give hand sanitizer to.
LOL, it was the first time I ever stayed there.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 8:53 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum Elite, SPG Gold
Just got the Guest of the Day in Courtyard Marriott Cambridge, MA and it was well appreciated. 5000 points, great suite with views, free parking which is a $35 value and a piece of paper that I will treasure forever.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 11:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by 3galsontour
Just got the Guest of the Day in Courtyard Marriott Cambridge, MA and it was well appreciated. 5000 points, great suite with views, free parking which is a $35 value and a piece of paper that I will treasure forever.
Cool! Wish all guests of the day came w/ that type of bennies.
Old Oct 24, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Best Western Diamond
Hm, I've never even seen a guest of the day sign. I'll have to look out for it in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.