Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Does Marriott Have an Elite Program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 1999, 11:13 am
EMD
Original Member
Original Poster

I stay at Marriott properties all the time - and I've never gotten on a special floor or anything like that - does Marriott have a comp program? what frequency is required? I'm thinking about going with Hilton for awhile - b/c HH moves you to elite after only 4 or 5 stays - any ideas?
Old Jun 23, 1999, 11:23 am
pgupta011

Yes

Details at http://www.marriott.com/rewards/service/marquis.asp

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 06-23-1999).]

Old Jun 23, 1999, 11:41 am
doc
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Marriott-
Gold - maybe 15 nights - limited value, points
*Black -approx 50 nights - free upgrade breakfast etc.
*Platinum-approx 75 nights - all the above plus free arrival gift and gaur. room even when sold out!
You may want to check out their website www.marriott.com

[This message has been edited by doc (edited 06-29-1999).]
Old Jun 24, 1999, 11:25 pm
Original Member

Location: Chattanooga, TN, USA**US Airways Gold, Marriott Gold
Note that only Marriotts proper and Renaissances count toward Marquis status. If you use the lower-end hotels, $10 will get you a one-year membership in Courtyard Club (the free local calls alone may well be enough to pay that back), or a lifetime in INNsider's Club (the Fairfield version). Each has some decent benefits, with more coming if you stay 36 nights a year in the same variety, thus making INNsiders's Elite or Courtyard Gold. (And it might even be quicker to go to www.marriottrewards.com
Old Jun 25, 1999, 7:08 am
pgupta011

The INNsider club does not have much benefits (and the elite does not buy you any bonus points). But it is virtually free as they give you two $5/$10 coupons for the $10 membership, so if you staying at Fairfield Inns its worth looking into.

The Courtyard Club also gives a $10 coupon. I do not know if they give the coupon on renewal.

[This message has been edited by pgupta011 (edited 06-25-1999).]

Old Jul 20, 1999, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
You really want Black card or more because then they upgrade you to concierge all the time - even if a room on the floor is not available, you get a key to the lounge. Regardless of the rate you pay also. My husband got his status because of having an elite status elsewhere and - knock on wood - even when he did not get quite 50 nights, they renewed his Black card. We love Marriott - they treat us very well.
Old Jul 21, 1999, 2:20 am
Original Member

Programs: Delta
Thanks Karen2, I have sent an email to Marriott requesting Gold level status since I am a priority club gold level. Hopefuly they will give me complimentary status.
Old Jul 23, 1999, 9:55 am

If not, I would sign up for the Marriott Visa Card.

Annual Fee Waived first year ($35 after)
Upgrade to Gold w/ benefits
50% Bonus (30% w/ card, 20% w/ Gold level)
Old Jul 23, 1999, 10:17 am
Original Member

I called Marriott Rewards and they have agreed to give me a complimentary upgrade to Gold after 10 nights instead of the usual 15 nights. I will easily reach this 10 night requirement in about 2 weeks. At which time the suprvisor said I should call her back.

I live in Canada so I can't get the Marriott Visa gold card. I get Marriott points from my Amex (Latin American card), my parents phone bill in the USA and stays at Marriott.

Old Jul 27, 1999, 5:14 pm
Original Member

I might need to go back and look again, but I did not understand that a Rennisance stay counted toward status.
Old Jul 27, 1999, 6:30 pm
Original Member

Yes JGill, some Renaissance properties now participate in the Club Marquis program. The summer edition of the Marriott Rewards newsletter has a list of participating locations on page 6. My impression is that most do participate.

If you need the list of participating locations, let me know.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:03 am

Upgrades

I have had a Marriott Visa card and been a member of the Marriott Rewards for years. (have actually had 5 free vacations on them). I am silver elite and have been upgraded every time I ask nicely at check-in (including Marquis on Times Square, Tampa, Salt Lake City, Quito, Ecuador, etc.). If a room on concierge level is not available, they give us access to the lounge.

suggest you ask at check-in. Enjoy! Saves breakfast $$ and the snacks in the evening (with cash bar) are lovely.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Thhheyyy'rrreee bbbaaaccckkkk.
Old Aug 7, 2005, 1:02 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Cool

Wow!! How do we honestly jump 6 years into the future? (or should I say past?)
Old Aug 8, 2005, 3:52 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by jonathansullivan
Wow!! How do we honestly jump 6 years into the future? (or should I say past?)
I dunno, jonathansullivan, but I am really *digging* getting my 10% elite bonus + my 20% bonus for renting from Hertz + my 25% bonus from flying Delta once again....

May the time warp continue! Long live the Marquis Club! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.