Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who can use the Megabonus Reward?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 12:45 am
Original Poster

Who can use the Megabonus Reward?

I have a 2012 Megabonus reward night and would like to have my daughter enjoy the night. I may not be able to join her. Can I make the reservation, add her name, and have her check in without me? We have the same last night. Could I just call the hotel to tell them that she will be checking in?
Old May 18, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Aadvantage, Starwood, Marriott, Hilton
I asked when I redeemed a Megabonus Reward recently, and was told that I could use it to make a reservation for someone else. I haven't tried, however.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:08 am

Programs: Marriot Platinum, United Premier Silver
YMMV

I redeemed 2 certificates at an FS once. When you try to redeem a certificate, there is no place for who is staying that night: it is automatically you. Apparently what I did was put my girlfriend's name under COMPANY. When we checked into the hotel, I dropped her off at the front and she checked in with her name, while I parked my car.

She got the keys, and brought her bag up first and gave me a call on where to meet her. The thing is, it wouldn't have been a problem if she wasn't able to check in... but she was able to successfully check in. Maybe she also could have outright told them her bf was parking his car: which is what your guest should say when you are booking a free night for him/her.

Good luck!
Old May 18, 2012, 1:33 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
You can add an additional name to any reservation by calling customer service after you make the on-line ressie yourself. OR you can call CS and have them book the entire reservation, your name will appear first, then your daughter's.

I do it all the time, as I am frequently meeting someone arriving at a different time...and with flight delays, can never be sure who will arrive first. Have never had a problem.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, CO/Star Platinum/Gold, National Executive Elite
I was trying to use the free night for my parents and was flat out told NO. They said the free night certificate is not transferable, so it can be used only if I am there at the stay.
Old May 20, 2012, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
see/follow sophiegirl comments previously............with same last name you shouldn't have a problem

Originally Posted by rickyriver
I was trying to use the free night for my parents and was flat out told NO. They said the free night certificate is not transferable, so it can be used only if I am there at the stay.
Old May 22, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Delta Sky Miles, and S&H Green Stamps
Okay but... can I use a free cert. for another couple traveling with me? I have both reservations using free certs. but one will be taken byh our friends.
Old May 22, 2012, 1:01 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If your name is on both reservations and you will be staying in one of the rooms, you won't have any problems.
Old May 22, 2012, 4:04 pm

Odds are high that it will work but it's not 100%. I think you are raising a red flag by adding her name. Since you won't be there, and you have the same last name, just book it in your name. It will be fine I am sure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.