Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

All Inclusive Upgrade Option with Reward stay options?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2011, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I'm currently in Cancun at the Case Magna Marriott and the family is loving the all-inclusive options (pool drinks for the adults and kids club for the children is a dangerous mix). I know that Marriott got rid of the all-inclusive option using just points, but does anyone know if you can book a room using Reward points and then upgrade at the hotel via cash? I tried to find it online, but can't see the option.

I figured the masters here would know the ins and outs.

Thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by gowarty
I'm currently in Cancun at the Case Magna Marriott and the family is loving the all-inclusive options (pool drinks for the adults and kids club for the children is a dangerous mix). I know that Marriott got rid of the all-inclusive option using just points, but does anyone know if you can book a room using Reward points and then upgrade at the hotel via cash? I tried to find it online, but can't see the option.

I figured the masters here would know the ins and outs.

Thanks.
This varies from hotel to hotel, but the answer is generally yes. It requires a direct communication to the reservation manager but - from my experience - it's typically between $95 - $145 PP PD.
Old Dec 30, 2011, 7:30 pm

yes - the JW is 100pppd and the casa magna can be had for 50-75 depending on your negotiating skills...
Old Dec 31, 2011, 8:03 am

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Just wondering if this would be available for the Casa Magna in Puerta Vallarta? Perhaps I overlooked it on the website but have a stay there in Feb. Thanks
Old Dec 31, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
Originally Posted by tatmtr7
Just wondering if this would be available for the Casa Magna in Puerta Vallarta? Perhaps I overlooked it on the website but have a stay there in Feb. Thanks
I don't know if you overlooked the answer on the website but I'm fairly certain you overlooked the answer in the post right before yours.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I've been checking around and it's been hit and miss so far. Will post more when I get more definite answers.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 8:21 am

Location: RDU, Delta GM/1MM, Hilton Diamond (for now), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by libuser
yes - the JW is 100pppd and the casa magna can be had for 50-75 depending on your negotiating skills...
Isn't the JW Club 91 only though - meaning not resort wide?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:32 am

The JW is just Club 91 and not all-inclusive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.