Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott property in Tampa?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
Marriott property in Tampa?

We are staying 1 night in Tampa on the 8th of December, landing from LGW at 6pm. Going to Busch Gardens and onto Orlando the next day.

Need to use a free night cert (cat 1 -4) any recommendations?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:31 am
Original Poster

I looked and the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport (Cat 3) and the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza (Cat 4) are across the street from each other and seem like the best choices. The Residence Inn comes with free breakfast and internet.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: Avis First, Hertz Gold, Marriott Platinum, US Airways Platinum, AA Platinum, UA Silver, Hilton Diamo
May be a bit too far, but when I'm in Tampa I typically stay at the Marriott Vinoy in St. Petersburg
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:16 am

courtyard downtown

I've stayed in the Courtyard in downtown Tampa a million times. It is nice,but valley parking only. Great service.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 6:55 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by xtremeski2001
May be a bit too far, but when I'm in Tampa I typically stay at the Marriott Vinoy in St. Petersburg
The Vinoy is great. IMO the best Marriott in the whole state of Florida. But, you know, the OP says he needs a category 1-4 in order to use his certificate. And the Vinoy is, ta-daaa, a category 5.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by meester69
I looked and the Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport (Cat 3) and the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza (Cat 4) are across the street from each other and seem like the best choices. The Residence Inn comes with free breakfast and internet.

Any thoughts?
Both very adequate for your needs, I've stayed both many times. REN has a nice bit of ambiance even though its attached to a mall and is against the airport fence, good food, lounge food used to be spectacular IMO.

If no Gold status and free internet / breakfast is important to you, then the RI is the way to go.

I would avoid the SHS and Marriott Westshore south of the airport . You might also wish to stay at the Marriott INSIDE the airport, saving you a car rental day, nice people, property and lounge, again, more than adequate for one night.

Last edited by joshua362; Oct 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm
Old Oct 18, 2011, 9:42 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I've stayed many times at the Ren Int Plaza. Attached to an upscale mall, lots of dining/drinking/shopping options steps away, and it's a nice property.
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:13 pm
Original Poster

We stayed at the Int'l Plaza. It was very nice, for some reason we got the concierge floor despite having no status and being on a reward booking. Good location near the airport.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
Quote:

Originally Posted by meester69

Any thoughts?

Both very adequate for your needs, I've stayed both many times. REN has a nice bit of ambiance even though its attached to a mall and is against the airport fence, good food, lounge food used to be spectacular IMO.

If no Gold status and free internet / breakfast is important to you, then the RI is the way to go.

I would avoid the SHS and Marriott Westshore south of the airport . You might also wish to stay at the Marriott INSIDE the airport, saving you a car rental day, nice people, property and lounge, again, more than adequate for one night.
Any update on SHS? Should I avoid? I am looking for advice on a Marriott property near University of Tampa. I am Plat and we are on a budget. I don't want to use point because hotel prices seem reasonable.

I will be going mid August and mid October.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: LTP, PP
Originally Posted by norenewa
Any update on SHS? Should I avoid? I am looking for advice on a Marriott property near University of Tampa. I am Plat and we are on a budget. I don't want to use point because hotel prices seem reasonable.

I will be going mid August and mid October.
Well the SHS I referring to is no where near downtown and shares a parking lot with a strip club, a business associate once had a loud stay there. Across the street is the Westshore Marriott which has gotten much better and can be quite reasonable $$. Downtown has the great Waterfront Marriott but might be pricy.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by joshua362
Well the SHS I referring to is no where near downtown and shares a parking lot with a strip club, a business associate once had a loud stay there. Across the street is the Westshore Marriott which has gotten much better and can be quite reasonable $$. Downtown has the great Waterfront Marriott but might be pricy.

Both are good for the value and if you ask nicely may get upgraded.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 12:00 pm
Suspended

The strip club gives free lap dances for Rewards members.... Don't tell ur wife!!!
Old Jul 24, 2014, 1:48 pm

Programs: Former 1KMM now free as UA Gold MM, former HH D, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I stayed earlier this year at the SHS Tampa Westshore Airport and it was fine, a typical SHS. It and the strip club basically sit in the shadow of the FS Marriott across the street, but the FS was well beyond my pricing guidelines at the time.
Old Jul 24, 2014, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
From June 8 - August 17, 2014, save 15% off regular rates on Thursday-Sunday nights (Friday or Saturday required).

Marriott Rewards members can save with our weekend offer. Thank you for your loyalty!

Room reservation is based on availability. Please see below for more terms and conditions.

For Reservations:
Click on "Check Availability" to make an online reservation, or call 1-800-MARRIOTT from within the US, or one of our toll-free worldwide reservation numbers outside the US and quote the Promotional Code for this offer.

Valid through: August 17, 2014
Promotional Code: M11
Old Jul 2, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I was shocked to see that the Renaissance International Plaza does not offer a Shuttle Service. Guests now expect to pay a $15-20 Taxi/Uber fare. Has anyone stayed at the Residence Inn Westshore?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.