Wiki Posts
Search

How to complain to Marriott?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
How to complain to Marriott?

Please don't let this turn into a thread on pets in hotels...

My husband and I recently spent 14 nights in a RI with our cat. Paid the fee, got the door tag, etc. Unfortunately, our room NEVER got cleaned and was absolutely disgusting by the end of our stay. We complained, and housekeeping would simply come by with new towels. We had to take our trash out ourselves, and don't even get me started on the amount of litter that gets on the floor if you don't vacuum every day.

I emailed Marriott to complain and the email was forwarded to the GM at the hotel, who simply told me housekeeping isn't allowed in rooms where pets are unsecured. This was very funny to me, as I was working from the room during the entire stay and had the cat secured in her carrier every time they came by.

I am not happy with the response, especially as the hotel was a franchise and we have friends who stay there often. Is there any way to escalate this? I realize I am only Gold status, but staying in an uncleaned hotel room for 2 weeks is completely unacceptable and warrants more than an "explanation" and no apology from the hotel, at least in my opinion. I have 5 more stays coming up in the next few months including our first anniversary and am incredibly turned off of Marriott right now.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think in future, you need to make it clearer to housekeeping that the pet is secured, and could they clean the room / change bedding etc - perhaps even offering to remove the animal from the room (a trip down to the lobby for 20 mins perhaps). Unless you specifically tell them the animal is secured, they may not assume being in the carrier is secure (I know dogs for example, who sleep in their carrier, but they are not shut in it securely).
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:25 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
As this is specific to a Marriott brand, please follow as the thread moves to that hotel's forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator. TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Plat
I usually reach out to Marriott via Twitter and they're pretty good at responding and taking care of issues. That's the power of social media.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, MR Gold, HH Gold
Sorry - as this isn't actually related to the MR program, I wasn't sure that was the forum for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.