Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 25, 2013, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
How do I get the current [70K | 80K | other] offer?

Which offer is better, X with annual fee waived or Y with no fee waiver?

Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

Once I meet the card's initial spending requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?

If I cancel my card after the annual free-night cert has posted, will I lose the cert?

For answers to these and other frequently asked questions, see the wiki in the overlapping thread Marriott Credit Card Offers & Associated Benefits (2016).
Print Wikipost

Marriott Chase Signature Visa 70,000 Points

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2014, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by medellinfein

Anyone else having a data point with respect to using these for family when cardmember is not traveling?
Looks like no one else, apart from joeags, has used this certificate or annual fee renewal cert for immediate family when cardholder is not using hotel.

Since i am afraid that my Cat 1-4 will otherwise go unused, i will be providing another datapoint soon
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
Can the owner of a Cat 1-4 certificate book for someone else? The person is family, so we share the same last name (and first initial too, if that helps!)
Called hotel to advise that i was running late. Brother was able to check-in no problem
Old Jan 2, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: Whoever Has the Best Bonus
FYI I've had the Marriott Rewards card twice before, last time more than two years ago.
Got the free night bonus deposited into my account for opening the cert, and do expect to get the 70k bonus points when I complete the minimum spend.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
How long to get approved and sent card?

When I applied for the Hyatt Chase card, I was instantly approved.

I just signed up for the Hilton Amex card and they instant approved me, gave me my card number and temporary CID instantly, and 2-day UPS'd the card to me!

Marriott Chase email said they are evaluating it and don't call us we'll snail mail you the answer.
Old Jan 7, 2015, 4:06 am

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
How long to get approved and sent card?

When I applied for the Hyatt Chase card, I was instantly approved.

I just signed up for the Hilton Amex card and they instant approved me, gave me my card number and temporary CID instantly, and 2-day UPS'd the card to me!

Marriott Chase email said they are evaluating it and don't call us we'll snail mail you the answer.
I would call the Chase reconsideration line and get approval (or denial) on the phone right away.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 3:50 pm

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
Thanks for the advice. I called a few days ago and they told me it was approved but was just entering processing. It still isn't showing in my Chase online account view. Last time when I got the Hyatt card, it showed up before the card arrived.

I was told the reason it took some time is because I had other Chase cards so they wanted to take a look at the total credit exposure.
Old Jan 15, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: UA GS 1MM, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by dmodemd
Thanks for the advice. I called a few days ago and they told me it was approved but was just entering processing. It still isn't showing in my Chase online account view. Last time when I got the Hyatt card, it showed up before the card arrived.

I was told the reason it took some time is because I had other Chase cards so they wanted to take a look at the total credit exposure.
It should take a day or two after you get the approval for it to show up on your Chase account. If you need the card sooner, you can call and have it expedite it and get in 1 to 2 business days by UPS.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 4:39 pm

Just a random observation, when my Chase Marriott card is in my wallet, my Clipper Card stops working. I have tested and can prove its the Marriott card.

This is a Clipper Card:
https://www.clippercard.com/ClipperWeb/index.do

I wonder if this card is a contactless payment card?
Old Jan 27, 2015, 6:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
... when my Chase Marriott card is in my wallet, my Clipper Card stops working.
Same happens if I put any contactless payment card (transit card or credit card) in a wallet with substantial metal content. I think the problem is the metal, not a conflict with another chip.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:44 pm

I love the card, but I might have to ask for a plastic one....
Old Jan 28, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by mia
I think the problem is the metal, not a conflict with another chip.
I assume you are talking about the metal content of the RFID chip in the MR CC, as the CC itself is carbon fiber.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 8:35 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by aaupgrade
I assume you are talking about the metal content of the RFID chip in the MR CC, as the CC itself is carbon fiber.
I am referring to whatever material is used to fabricate the Marriott credit card. Most Chase non-plastic cards are composites with a metal core to create heft, and only a small amount of more expensive external material for show. I do not know the composition of this specific card, but the presence of an EMV chip should not disrupt the operation of a contactless chip because there are many cards with both features.
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium; Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting approved for this card if one already has the Ritz-Carlton card with the 140k points offer? I wonder if I should wait at least 6 months from that card opening before applying for this.
Old Jan 29, 2015, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by porphyra
Does anyone know what the chances are of getting approved for this card if one already has the Ritz-Carlton card with the 140k points offer? I wonder if I should wait at least 6 months from that card opening before applying for this.
My wife got approved for the Marriott 70K a few weeks after being approved for the Ritz-Carlton 140K offer.
Old Feb 3, 2015, 9:02 am

Typically, when do the 15 elite nights show up in your account once you have been approved? I received the Cat 1-4 Cert yesterday. I was curious if the elite nights would show up at the same time, but they didn't. When I went back to read the T&C, I got a bit confused.

On one screen it says, "15 credits toward Elite status every year after account anniversary."

On another screen it says, "15 credits toward your next Elite membership level after account approval and every year after account anniversary.*"

That first line seems to suggest that you don't get the elite nights until your card anniversary. Just wondering if anyone has not had the elite nights show up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.