Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any way to transfer AmEx MR to Marriott Rewards?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond

I'm not sure if this post should be in the Marriott or AmEx threads but...

I was wondering if there is anyway to trasnfer AmEx MR points over to Marriott. I signed up on Points.com but it doesn't look like they have Marriott. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Not a very good rate I'm afraid:

http://www.insideflyer.com/tools/mileage_converter/
Old Jun 10, 2011, 6:25 am

This has been a long term frustration for me. Marriott Rewards is the only travel program I have that I can't transfer AmEx MR points into. You can use AmEx MR points for individual nights at various Marriott properties but it's not a good use of points.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:01 am

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I didn't want to start a new thread

So I have about 80,000 Amex points and maybe twice that in united and American points and I'm about 50,000 points short of an award where I would get the fifth night free (I generally try to stay for five nights with m.r. Because I think those are the best deals). What are my some of my options for turning those other points into m.r. Points without losing a ridiculous amount of points? If there isn't a way, what other options do I have to get those points within about a month. I already have the rewards credit card so that is out and I would prefer not to buy 50,000 points.....any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old Feb 16, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Delta-PM, Marriott-Plat, PC-Gold
To paraphrase The Matrix: There Is No Box.

There is currently a sale going on with Amex MR points: For 84,000 points you can get:

1 $500 Amex gift card: 60,000 points
1 $200 Amex gift card: 24,000 points

Then do a mattress run. Pay for the room with the gift cards. If you swing the full $700, you'll earn:
7000 base points
3500 plat bonus points
+200/500 for each check-in (if you do these at 1 night stays, this'll add a bit more).

Another option I'm seeing (again, sale going on) on the Membership Rewards site:

Take a look at the gift card availability...there is a filter for Marriott. There are a bunch of different cards there.

A $250 Marriott TravelCard (I don't know how this differs from a gift card...) is currently 25,500 points. You can get 3 of those and still have 4k-sh points left over.

You'll earn points on this part of your stay as well (since you're not paying with points, you're paying with credit).
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:34 am

Programs: MR LT Platinum, HH Diamond, WN A-List,
Probably the best deal at this point to to buy the Marriott Points you need.

Marriott sells the points for $0.0125 per point so $625 for 50,000 points.

I bet you can get more value using the points within your other programs than you would trying to find a way to transfer them over.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 9:41 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
If you have a friend who has the 50K or more Marriott points, Marriott will let you transfer those points into your account in order to have the required points for your desired award.

While Marriott's T&Cs state this free "transfer" of points is only between spouses, Marriott will actually let you do so between any two accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.